Agnostic.com

11 5

I am having a hard time understanding why I have to have a certain amount of points to join a group.

DT42 2 Dec 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Groucho marx for hellion roaring.

Nice Agnostic name! Are you also waiting for the "t"?

I've been here since the very early days and never had that problem.
Try messaging the Admin/s, they may have some helpful information.

I found that very uncomfortable too.It’s like it’s only favouring one group of people who already like to do that.This is no better either😟

I guess that to become a graduate your dissertation/paper was read by some people who approved it? I have no doubt that your status will change as you rapidly ascend the various levels...🙂

It is part of a design to keep the crazies from taking over the site. Most persons with nefarious intent dont' have the patience to accumulate the points needed to act like an ass.

They also require the newest persons to have their posts approved by members with a hi9gher point accumulation, which is another way the site is monitored by its own users.

I don't really like it either, but it does seem fair as a way to weed out trolls.

And, since I didn't build, pay for, or maintain the site, I figure that I'm a guest here. As a guest, I play by the host's rules.

Welcome! Earning points is what everyone has to do to gain levels. So do some posting and comment, and the points will add up fast.

Yep, in this world of ours no-one can expect to get something for absolutely NOTHING now can they?

What groups are those?

Hello and welcome, enjoy the site.

Some groups feel open to trolling, they set a certain value in points, so that only members who have proved that they are trustworthy can join. That is the main reason for the points system, it gives the site a chance to block and weed out, hackers, trolls, dealers and fakes etc. before they can do real damage. Some groups are more paranoid than others, sometimes with good reason (If they have, say, political content. ), sometimes not. But points come quickly if you take part.

Well, if you're going to stay welcome, and as to your question, gee why do we stop at stop signs? why do they put rules in a monopoly set? these are all things to ponder. Some individuals refer to them as "those are the rules"

It's discrimination and stupid. Some of us are introverts and don't want to post and comment in order to get points.

Some groups feel open to trolling, they set a certain value in points, so that only members who have proved that they are trustworthy can join. That is the main reason for the points system, it gives the site a chance to block and weed out, hackers, trolls, dealers and fakes etc. before they can do real damage. Some groups are more paranoid than others, sometimes with good reason (If they have, say, political content. ), sometimes not. But points come quickly if you take part, and taking part may only mean liking.

Please tell us what value introverts see in acquiring points.

They don't want any lazy buggers, that is why.

And yet, here I am. 😜

@AmyTheBruce me too. We would form a group, but that's too much work.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:561912
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.