Agnostic.com

10 15

LINK Federal Judge to Pro-COVID Christians: “The Constitution Is Not a Suicide Pact” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

In a really remarkable — and blunt — decision, a federal judge has upheld California’s COVID restrictions after a California church claimed the rules illegally prevented them from hosting indoor gatherings.

snytiger6 9 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I found no basis in the article for calling the church members "Pro-COVID." The fact that they apparently do not fear the virus does not necessarily mean that they wish to contract it or pass it on to others. It seems they are rather ignorant and possessed of and unwarranted feeling of security (probably stemming from their equally ridiculous faith in God), but that does not make them "Pro-COVID." We should all fight the impulse to paste labels on people, even those with whom we disagree. We only hurt our own cause by making spurious accusations, IMHO.

There will be more. This isn’t the last.

Jolanta is onto something!

They will just appeal it.

I second @Jolanta's idea.

The arrogance and willful ignorance of such people leaves me gasping for breath.

Step in the right direction.

Flaming Spoil-Sport, Party Pooper, the Faithfools have been doing such a great job of trying to wipe each other out this year and now some Judge wants to stop them from rushing off to meet up with Jeebus Chrust.
Fair go there M8, let 'em be, let 'em go meet Jeebus Chrust as long as they don't infect the rest of us it's no problem at all.

I don't know, I think perhaps it would be a good idea if all those religious people could be herded into their churches and left there. Close the doors and have a helicopter drop food parcels until there are no more left to feed. They can happily pray until the cows come home.

It has gotten to the point that the Constitution is pretty much anything anyone wants to make it to suit their agenda.

it is disturbing how quickly they can scream that they are being persecuted. I hope their lawyer charges them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:562979
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.