Agnostic.com

18 11

I will no longer be buying anything from Adidas. [fearofgod.com]

linxminx 8 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They apparently aren't very afraid of this god if they are using it as a marketing ploy.

Boycott Adidas BIGOTED products imposing fascist religion upon athletes & customers of no faith and other religions ... FEAR OF PINNOCHIO fear of Hitler fear of boogeyman balls socks shirts & jockstrapS....this alleged gawd cult corporation is brainwashing IN ACTION has zero to do with ability to perform or sports medicine....thankyou for whistleblowing ADIDAS theocratic SHIT

This post would be better if it included an objective description of the Fear of God organization. Who are they? What do they stand for? What do they do?

@linxminx
Thanks

Never have, never will, unless accidentally at a thrift shop.

Give me a pair of nonamea. When the stitches blow out, I know how to redo them. They're comfortable.

One of my college history professors taught us that the company that made Zyklon B changed names a few times and eventually became BASF. I don't know if they're still in business, tho.

It is true, and yes, they’re still in business manufacturing poisons— pesticides, fungicides...like that.

The firm in Nazi Germany called IG Farben was broken up by the allies after World War 2. It was divided up into several different companies, two of which were Pharma giants Bayer and Sanofi.

Bayer = MONSANTO.... HITLER corporations gOTT MIT UNS EVERY time religion mixes government AND/or business the weaponS follow....sports have always been preparation for mass murders CALLED WARs

I was never into buying fad or brand made shit.

Never used any nike, adidas, reebok or any of these other names like puma, etcetera, much less the idiotic amounts of money spent on named sportswear. Good old converse enougb for me.

Adolf and Rudolf Dassler were cobblers who outfitted 1936 Olympics in Nazi Germany. During the war the Dassler Shoe Company provided boots for the Storm Troopers and Nazi soldiers, much like Hugo Boss made all the Nazi uniforms, who was also a Nazi. After the war Rudolf started Puma athletics and Adolf started Adidas. Another reason, maybe even a better reason, to boycott Adidas.

I didn't know they were still in business. Thanks for the heads-up.

Adidas is actually huge, second only to Nike.

Thanks for calling this to our attention. Every dollar spent is a vote for something or other.

I'd never heard of this FOG brand and wasn't sure if the name was used literally or merely playfully. But it looks pretty literal, at least for the designer and founder. (No doubt some buyers of the merchandise are indifferent to anything deeper than the fashion.) Here's an article on the designer:

[thecut.com]

Quotes:

"Lorenzo describes the label as “God’s brand.” This is not to categorize it as Christian clothing, but rather to take the emphasis off himself. Lorenzo is fueled by that same sort of humility demonstrated by prominent Christian athletes like Russell Wilson, who give God credit for their touchdowns.*

"It’s odd then, that Fear of God has a mass appeal yet is rooted in Christianity, a religion more often than not in the news for the things it’s adamantly against (gay marriage and a woman’s right to choose, for example) than what it wholeheartedly endorses. The street culture Lorenzo is a part of often stands in sharp contrast to traditional Christian values, but is no stranger to recontextualizing its imagery. Skate magazine Thrasher has remixed both the Satanic pentagram and Christian Jesus fish symbols on its merchandise. Supreme recently sold a T-shirt riffing on religious pamphlets."

End of quotes.

• We all know how God loves football and is partial to particular teams (and to devout players), right?

What is a gawd ?

It won't be a change for me, but I'm with you. Thanks for the notice!

Perhaps I should start the fashion line "Fear of Eros".

Same here

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 23, 2020

He was associated with Nike & before that i think Converse.

I agree. None of us need a "fear of god." This means any god.

I'm with you, never again for Adidas, not that I remember ever buying any.

I need this ‘Fear of god,’ thing explained? In the fundamentalist tradition, fear of god’ meant ‘love of god!’ But, in my mind the word ‘fear’ means untrusting and possible danger. So why are these entities pairing up?

Fundamentalist xians believe in the "fear of God" to keep us on the straight and narrow path.

Sports clothing is halfway sizes to war uniformS

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:563035
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.