Agnostic.com

3 10

LINK FFRF's Ask An Atheist: Formidable Atheist and LGBTQ Nebraska State Senator Megan Hunt

Freedom From Religion Foundation Co-President Dan Barker and Director of Governmental Affairs Mark Dann speak with Nebraska state Sen. Megan Hunt. Hunt is openly atheist and bisexual and was the first openly LGBTQ person elected to the Nebraska legislature.

HippieChick58 9 Dec 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Love this !

Ohub Level 7 Dec 24, 2020

Interesting video. FFRF's Dan Barker is a former Pentecostal minister BTW. He claims that the Greek scriptures describe what Christians call "the cross" as being a "torture stake." I always found this interesting because I'm not sure how believers would "make the sign of the torture stake." This would then show why a cross is so real and important to a church.

crucifixion is a horrible lingering painful way to die. You essentially die of suffocation. The Romans used it to discourage crime, definitely cruel and unusual.

@HippieChick58 I read a book on torture many moons ago. They posited that the crucifixion of Christ, crown of thorns, nailed to the cross, spear to the side (considered the worse of the worse by xtians) was actually a leniency. Normally romans would tie the person to the cross and it would take several days to a week to die, whereas Christ dies in a matter of hours. It’s all a mater of context I guess....

This country is making some enlightened progress at a very slow pace.

The longest journey begins with the first step.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:563296
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.