Agnostic.com

9 10

I found myself getting frustrated that so many Christmas movies on Prime are religious....then I finally remember that it’s supposed to be a religious holiday πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ§‘β€πŸŽ„πŸ€ΆπŸ»

Marcie1974 8 Dec 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Enjoy
Ever watch the very old Rudolph story, ( the one with Yukon jack). Pay attention to how Santa behaves. He was such an asshole to rudolph

Only every year. I explained how certain parts were inappropriate to my kids when they were little. Especially when Clarice and Rudolph’s mom want to go look for him but Donner says β€œno, this is man’s work.”

Remember what Carl Sagan said: "Axial tilt is the reason for the season."

JimG Level 8 Dec 25, 2020

As well as the position of the planet in its orbit around the Sun of course.

@Triphid Axial tilt literally causes the different seasons, even though we have winter at this point along the earth's orbit, it's summer in the southern hemisphere. The earth is actually closer to the sun during winter in the northern hemisphere.

Oh fear yee not @Marcie1974 for Easter shall be upon us again soon....LOL.

Screw the religion , bring on the spring lamb and mint jelly

The only two X-mas shows I have watched this season are Scrooged, which is pretty funny except for a terrible ending of Bill Murry ad-libbing, and the original version of The Grinch Stole Christmas with Boris Karloff from the 1960s, which still holds up great and is only a half hour long. Otherwise, I entertain myself during this season of garbage Tv programming by reading, listening to my music collection, and watching some of the DVDs I've collected, like the comedies The Big Lebowski, Fargo, and S.O.B., by Blake Edwards, a forgotten classic of satire.

Christmas movies lose their luster once you are older than 13.

Jeez Louise, you mean it took you that long?

To each their own, I love Elf, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, and the cheesy Christmas romance movies that Netflix has out

Only once did I see Marlo Thomas play the female lead version of WONDERFUL LIFE a made for tv movie .... honest community people victimized by the one evil greedy rich guy POTTER alleged angels&gawds come to the rescue preventing suicide by a half movie flashback before the eyes and hands of an erased person that never was born

Aren't those christmas movies sickening?

They should find a way to bottle them, it'd save a whole lot of trouble for people wanting to diet imo.

Nope, I love them

Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, Elf, even the cheesy romance movies by Netflix

@Marcie1974 You are a romantic.....

@nicknotes Absolutely

@Marcie1974 Sweet....

Only for Theists. Happy Winter Solstice.

Yup

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 24, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:563319
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.