Agnostic.com

29 3

is there another opportunity of life after death

chriscosta3020 3 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why the fuck does this keep getting asked.
Go look in a cemetery, did you find any one alive that was buried there??

Garf Level 7 Dec 27, 2020

"is there another opportunity of life after death?"

Of course there is. As long as you avoid cremation you will live on as generations of bacteria, nematode worms and possibly some fungi. Even know before you die you will be giving life to lots of microscopic fauna from skin mites to the bacteria that process your nail clippings. You'll have a rich and varied afterlife although you won't enjoy it much.

Logic would suggest that personal life after death would be similar to your personal life in the 13 billion years before you were conceived.

Out of the literally billions who have died in the past millenia has any ONE person ever returned that you know of for a fact?
In a little over 9 days my daughters 20th. Anniversary of her Death from cancer will be here, we as close as an parent and their child could ever hope to be, yet she has never returned, been 're-incarnated,' or even given a sign that there is a life after death.
also, Gaius Julius Caesar, for example has been dead and gone since March 15th, 44 B.C.E., Alexander the Great even longer before him, King Darius of Persia before them just to name but a very few, yet NONE have returned, etc, etc, have they?
So, given the evidence AGAINST an After-Life I'd say NO, no opportunity at all.

I'm having a hard time seeing an opportunity for life during life, so probs not.

No.

Best to ask that question at Easter. The question for Christmas time should be: Is there life after credit card debt?

That was when Jesus had a bad weekend.

@DenoPenno LOL, you really 'nailed ' that one....LOL.

Yeah the Easter thing is a good point, but I never understood Good Friday getting beaten up and nailed to a cross that's an average Monday. 🙄

Of course not. The belief that there is one is a manifestation of the ultimate prejudice most humans have, that we humans are somehow special. We aren't, none of us are. We just are.

Be thankful for the life you have and make the most of it.

Amor Fati.

So you believe we came into existence out of nothing and we are nothing special haha wow Satan has deceived you brother believe in the lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved

@JamesProbert You are a little early. It is not April 1 yet 🙂

@JamesProbert Well IF this Jeebus Chrust is such friend to us all then why hasn't he made the coffee today instead of me having to do it?

@JamesProbert, @Mitch07102 Ripper, we have another Troll to play with.

Why? so you don't have to worry about fucking this one up?

Or, they can shit all over this one, treat people like crap, fuck up the environment, use the one and only life we are sure of as a door mat to wipe our feet. The whole idea of a after life gets sillier the more we think of it.
They all seem to think there is some afterlife, but yet have no idea how it works, or if we have bodies? Do we poop? Do we sleep? If we eat , who makes it? who cleans up.. where does that waste go?

@GenkidesRich Oh, you mean to televangelist. 😉

@oldFloyd I would have SO many questions about this 'afterlife' lol It's just odd to me. I am sure others feel the same. Believers claim to know so much about god and stuff, but then when it comes to details, either they don't know, or all over the place I want to tell them to get together and settle on something consistent.

Yes, but not for anybody who is currently living.

No. Period.

I guess it really depends on why you are asking. If you are contemplating something, please reach out to your local headrest or helpline. Be well, stay safe.

If you are just posing the question, the bad news is most on this site do not believe in after life. The good news is this allows you to do things for the right reasons, not the “hope” of some fictitious award in afterlife. So, sorry, no seven virgins for you....

Very thoughtful answer!

Another? Did you have an opportunity for life after death in the first place or is this just a childhood delusion that you haven't shaken free of yet?

In the sense that our bodies replenish the earth, there is an opportunity for life after death.

Believe in the lord Jesus Christ he died on the cross for your sins he suffered the punishment we all deserve on the third day he rose from the dead he has fulfilled mathematical insanity by fulfilling the things he did that were wrote long before he came to earth have a read of the bible let god into your heart he saved me from drugs and he’ll and loads more it says in the bible if you seek me with all your heart you will find me god is waiting are u willing to

world record for longest run on sentence

No, BUT there is an opportunity for Death after Life.

pretty much guaranteed

Until someone who died and comes back to tell me about his opportunity, I would say that you just die and no one alive can answer that question. 🙄🤔

@Albronem can I say that there was a man who died for three days came back to life he told everyone about heaven and Jesus how can this be then loads of other people too just because you didn’t have the same experience Dosent mean it’s not real trust Jesus my friend

@Albronem Another troll here trying to force your beliefs onto us. Go away. What is wrong with you people. Keep your beliefs to yourself.

@Albronem Hey, when was the last time this Jeebus Chrust friend of yours sat down and watched television with you?

@Albronem I COULD TRY to explain it but words of a single syllable seem to escape at present.

Sure, you dead body will provide sustainment to the maggots that will eat your rotting fleah.

You mean by recycling our bodies after death?

Sure it exists alongside Loompaland or the Land of the lost..

Does it matter. If there is we are not going to know about it anyway.

Sounds like an untestable hypothesis.

I highly doubt it. Maybe in some philosophic way, we are all star dust and will return to the cosmos. If you want to ask about heaven and hell - I would say ha, as they are purely made up by humans.

Like what, for example?

We know that our energy continues on, thus allowing other life to exist. I have seen no reason to conclude that our consciousness continues on--nor do I want mine to do so.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:564061
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.