Agnostic.com

6 8

LINK My christian friend (surprise surprise) is a total fucking hypocrite and I'm done. : atheism

r/atheism post with a user angry about his Christian friend being a hypocrite

Hages 7 Jan 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How's the fishing going?

I have quite a few Christian friends but not one is carrying on like a port chop about god to me. I don't know maybe they are afraid of me.

I have personally never been in a situation like this. I always insist that what one believes in or how they pray or worship is their business as long as they don’t try to force it onto anyone else.

But I would have done this exact same thing if I was in this type of situation.

I have such a Christian friend and we remain friends because we were once both Evangelical. My bible studies took me to atheism and his took him to statements like "no true Christian." That's right. He thinks he is one of the very few "true Christians." They have the bible and think the rest of us are taking "logic and evidence" classes.

My question would be how were they friends in the first place. Believers aren't always religious, a believer is someone who believes something without evidence. And a believer who believes contrary to established evidence is willfully ignorant.

Most of my friends are believers or at least I assume they are. I don't have any friends who are devout, except for family members. I will not deal with being preached to. I try not to bring up the subject and when it comes my way, I explain that I'm an atheist. Deal with it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:565415
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.