Agnostic.com

12 14

LINK A Very Confused Indiana Church Has “Documented Proof” That God Answers Prayers | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Brookville Road Community Church in New Palestine, Indiana has done the impossible: They proved that God answers prayers! It was a year-long effort, but they now have 10,000 pieces of evidence that suggest God takes their concerns seriously and grants their wishes.

At least that’s what a puff piece at WTHR-TV made it sound like. The truth is the church did nothing to “prove” prayers work; if anything, they showed just how desperate some people are to find evidence that God exists and pays attention to their lives.

snytiger6 9 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

WHAT ??? A religious Puff Piece from the MSM?

twill Level 7 Jan 4, 2021

Why is that? Did he sign the answers himself? Is there a specimen signature to check it against? Beware of scammers is my advice.

Of course they work. Don't believe me? Ask George Carlin.

Delusional

They should present their findings to the American Association for the Advancement of Science. I am sure the audience could do with a good belly laugh!

The answer is in the word CONFUSED.

Who did the blind study? Who prayed to Satan?

The Chief Fuckwit of Brookville Road Community Church wouldn't have a clue as to the meaning of the words "Scientific Method".

I did. A young Brigit Bardot did not appear in my bed, so that proves it.

@GeorgeRocheleau but what about those dreams😉

@Canndue No dreams, I stayed awake waiting.

Ask them about all the children in St. Jude. See all the dumb answers you will get.

How ironic!! One of the churches I attended was by that name!!!

I can prove flipping a coin has the same outcome. The law of probability is way more powerful than any god man created.

Maybe their Kool aid is being laced with “Liquefied Hallucinogenics”.

The only thing they proved is that they don't understand what "proof" is. Probably a bunch of Trumpers.

Most Chumpers are religious.

100% proof whisky. Proof coinage and bank notes issued by mints. Mathematical proof. Yep, none of those apply in this case.

You make very good points on this post. It's a shame some people will fall for that hook, line, and sinker.

Any surprise? Sheep always “Bow” to their masters whom they believe are more powerful than them.

@SeaRay215ex No, I'm not. Three years or so ago I might bought into that bs. I'm glad I'm an Atheist now, but I wish I would have made the decision earlier in life.

@freedom41 Childhood indoctrination is the most powerful tool they've got.

@freedom41 What matters is you made the decision. It took me 9 years to declare myself an atheist after giving up on religion.

@LovinLarge Kinda enbarassed I was brain washed for so long.

@freedom41 I, for one, am proud of you for finding your way. Most never do!

@freedom41 Nothing to be embarrassed about. It’s like quitting smoking or drinking, and requires similar discipline and willpower.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:565730
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.