Agnostic.com

11 17

LINK Taking the white Christian nationalist symbols at the Capitol riot seriously

The attack exposed the comfortable juxtaposition of Christianity and white supremacy.

(RNS) — If there was one thing of value to come out of the shameful chaos of Wednesday’s attack on the U.S. Capitol, it’s that the horrific events made plain the powerful ideological and theological currents of American politics that often stay just under the surface. The emblems carried by the rioters — particularly the comfortable juxtaposition of Christian and white supremacist symbols — bear witness to these forces.

HippieChick58 9 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Most conversations, about politics and where things went wrong, with my right wing, voted for trump (knowing he is immoral), bible thumpin' sister end with how atheists took prayer out of schools and Christian values are under attack and the people who came here came for religious freedom, yadda yadda yedda. As soon as i point out facts she has to go and hangs up.
Hard to educate when they literally will not listen or read the history.

Point is they really don't want to understand. Another story is too far outside of their comfort zone.

I watched a woman being interviewed and her comment was " I believe in freedom and democracy" How delusional are those people. They want to overturn a democratically elected president and they believe in democracy ???

This is also more evidence how desperate these asswads are. The big chump always appealed to those who are most uncomfortable with the changing demographics of the country. For these reasons this will probably get worse in the coming years.

A lesson that must learned is the threat not from external terrorism, but the threat from within. Include with this the reasons for these threats.

There were a lot of learning points and maybe this event will wake people the hell up that we need to take heed where our failed politics have taken us.

Some are too stupid for that unfortunately.

The blatant hypocrisy of white christian nationalism was on full display Wednesday.
Mixed in amongst the 45 flags, confederate battle flags, and "fuck Biden" flags, were signs with "jesus saves" and various bible passages.

They believe in 45 as much as they believe their god condones their actions.
I honestly don't think there is any getting through to them.

They believe more in tRump as they follow his commands while ignoring those by their Jesus. Rather than follow their lord and savior, they follow their lard and slaver.

I will be my usually blunt self: fuck them all religious retards adding my usual caveat, not literally. I would use a lifesize horse dong for that, no vaseline.

Come on mofo, don’t hold back 😂

If you are gullible enough to believe in the Jesus story , you are gullible enough to believe Trump's lies.

Ya hit the nail on da head!!! 👍🤘🤟🤝

@SeaRay215ex Thanks for the affirmation.

Unfortunately, there are about 70 million of these gullible wingnuts now.

@BlackDove As far as I’m concerned these are animals not humans.

@SeaRay215ex What an insult to animals. These creatures are swamp slime

The only hope I see now is that those who were belatedly being sent to DC (including FBI swat) will be more readily available on January 20th. If you simply assume this take over effort is over you are not very smart.

They were also mentioning 17 January, the day they storm all state's capitols.

With gaawd on both sides of every war, social upheaval, civil strife, racism and bigotry, you'll find the ugly face of Kkkristianity, and their greedy hands out for money.

LOL I love that one!! KKKristianity

They intentionally left them undermanned. This was an inside plan. Good thing it was mostly a bunch of drunken morons. If it were professional ops, our nation would have been overthrown. Along with the pandemic Biden has to make homeland security and secret service number one priority.

So true... And probably detect and suspend white supremacists who work for the police force... That would be a good start.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:567044
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.