Agnostic.com

11 19

LINK Atheists most politically active group in US, survey finds - The Christian Post

YAY us!

Americans who identify as atheist are the most likely group to be involved in political activism, according to a report by a political science professor.

Ryan P. Burge of Eastern Illinois University drew from data from the Cooperative Congressional Election Survey of 2018 for his report published by Religion in Public.

HippieChick58 9 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Need something to fill the void religion normally occupies, I guess

I question whether or not the Christian Post would be unbiased. However if ture that is encouraging.

Atheists as political activists are the most liberal-minded, great. America's third political party should be "The Atheist Party," how does that sound? It'll always come first.

Till the Aardvark party comes along

I’ve been that way since I’ve been old enough to vote.

Probably because they have to be, to protect themselves from the discrimination and harassment they experience from bigots and the religious.

I’ve never been bothered by any of these morons. Though I do encounter an occasional Jehovahs Witness preacher. That’s about it.

And trust me........they don’t want to come near me.

@CuddyCruiser I mainly encountered it at the workplace, and there was no getting away from it as long as I needed to work. Now that I'm retired, that problem is solved.

Yay

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 11, 2021

I doubt seriously if I would be a political activist if I was still a believer.

Yay us!

Atheist have an extra day a week off for other activities. 😉

Undoubtedly out of necessity.

Deb57 Level 8 Jan 11, 2021

Got to stop those faithfools from making crazy laws.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:568096
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.