Agnostic.com

16 10

When will I stop "doom scrolling"?

Since Trump's election, I have been scanning online news sites every day. First thing.

"What fresh hell is this today?" I think.

With extremist, terrorist Trump supporters planning armed attacks on all 50 state Capitols and the U.S. Capitol, I feel sick with worry.

When will the madness stop?

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do a lot of that too. I try to get out and do other projects though. I would hope it will be better on the 21st, but hard to tell.

When tRump arrives to Guantanamo Bay Detention Center.

I for one certainly hope this does not happen ,Totally understandably why you feel this way ,My heart goes out to you ,sending warm healing hugs love and gratitude to get you thru this

After having experienced 9/11/2001 I've had a post-traumatic craving for excitement. I also find myself waking up everyday and wondering what fresh hell has been uncovered while I was asleep.

When pigs fly. We’re all anxious. You’re not alone. I’ve been sending tips to the FBI. I have my ear to the ground and there are some very dangerous Trump supporters here in rural upstate NY. Be afraid and safe.

It's an exciting time.

And progressives are making gains all over.

We won the mid-terms.
We won this election.
With the Georgia senate vote of Jan 5th, we've now attained a balanced Senate.

And Trump's being the worst of sore losers.

So democrat/liberal/progressive gains have been made.

Trump's now in the process of being impeached a second time; and McConnell s signaling that while he doesn't think there's time to convict by Jan 20th...he is in favor of impeachment.

So sit tight. Be positive. Trump's rebellious minions are likely to remain home and lick their wounds from Jan 6 (150 arrests...more every day).

Copy save and share this list. [fbi.gov]

Here's a charming video showing at least 15 people that Trump called loser...now it's their turn to call him that;

@Robecology

Thank you!

I read Heather Cox Richardson to get a recap of what happened, and maybe browse some other news sites. I know my limits, and this week I am not doing much more in the way of doom scrolling. I started a new job and my stress levels are really high, so I'm easing back from current events.

It should give all the governor's a heads up to increase security.

Sounds like a sick and twisted reality show scripted by you know who that's been going on for four years.

After the 20th with new attorney general

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 12, 2021

We can only hope .

Sit back and watch the show. You must admit this is made for tv drama. Insurrection will be shut down in a week. Court cases and investigations will go on for years. In three weeks we’ll be back to talking about the death rate and vaccinations and stagnant economy.
Go for a peaceful hike , cup of tea, good book afternoon nap....spring is coming

Like cracking open a vacuum vessel, the moment Trump popped opened the route of extremism it is too late.
Now not only the US, but the western world must evacuate extremism & white power from our societies. For your USA, it will be a difficult one. One where America will have to take a long look at itself, 'warts and all'.
People like myself will be writing about this for decades to come. When I return to university after this COVID has been cast aside, I will be researching the causes and maybe even crossing the Atlantic to carry out research in situ. Although I doubt I'll be able to afford that even with a Scottish free education.
What good could come of this?
A major shake up of your political system. Perhaps a third party in politics? Judicial branch that must be balanced. Impeachment proceedings that must follow effective legal process the same as a court of law. Senators who must consider the evidence and act directly upon that and not party political lines.
And the worst that may come to pass?
Collapse of the Union into civil unrest or even war even worse that the 1861-65 one. Then the divide was along State lines. Today America is split not only within every State, County, and Territory, but families and communities are also divided.
So, engaging with you for some time, I see you have an active intelligence and social empathy. This means that there will be some time to pass before you can cease Doom Scrolling.
Tony x

@Sofabeast

Thank you, Tony.

Never. Worry only about that which you control.

I'm not sure but 2 people have now told me about the Insurrection Act and the martial law going to happen this weekend. I'm told there will be no Internet and the banks will be closed. Best have money for food or you are screwed. Electricity will be out in many areas. (OK, I freeze to death?) Military vehicles with no transponders are traveling all over now in almost every state. They are preparing for this and in the end we "get our rightful president back." They say Trump will be president on January 20th and beyond.

Somebody is greatly confused here. I told both parties I was aware of what they are saying with the military vehicles but my take on all this is different. Maybe we are getting in place and set for the transition of power to be peaceful.

Meanwhile, some of these idiots still believe that Joe Biden's leg brace actually was hiding the fact that he was under house arrest and wearing an ankle bracelet. Trumpers just never give up.

I consider it prepping for a shitstorm, I fear not for some time.
Stay safe, stay sane and stay well.

Me too. I don't know. Somehow the curse seems appropriate "may you live in interesting times." Too interesting by far.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:568343
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.