Agnostic.com

28 1

How much do you?

I made a Costco run and got out under 100 bucks! How much do you usually spend there?

• 24 votes
  • 16 votes
  • 0 votes
fauxname11 7 Apr 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Likewise, @jonds56, no Costco anywhere near where I live. However, if there was one within reasonable driving distance from me, they would get a lot of my business. I like their business model, they are not on my list of boycott/ limited use enterprises. Also, I've heard they are great places to shop

No membership. I go there for hot dogs. So every time I go, I make it out under $2.

I love my Kirkland brand William Shatner endorsed scotch. Only $150 per 50 gallon barrel.

Plus the sample trays. I figure I haven't done due diligence there until they've asked me to leave.

I used to belong to Sam's Club and didn't get out for under $200.

Costco is not the Evil Empire. They are a good company and considered great to work for. I'd much rather support them than Walmart. Sam Walton would probably be ashamed to be associated with this company (Sam's Club) if he were still living.

I get my membership's worth just with cat litter and cat food. I (almost) always stick to my list when I'm there. Too much temptation.

There are no Costco stores where I live.

@fauxname11 I have been to a Costco in Juneau Alaska but I was visiting family and not shopping.

Often zero. None near me, so when I go, it usually involves paying the annual fee, too, so that's factored into the prices! They have some good (healthy) food deals I wish I had better access to. Everything else is better purchased through Amazon since once can research the items online, get a fair deal, have them delivered free and even (rare) return them, if needed.

Because I have to drive an hour to the closest Costco (in a different state), I tend to spend a lot. However, I'm buying things that are unavailable in my area or a great deal less expensive at Costco.

I go to Costco almost weekly but just to get fruit and basic essentials and normally get out of there for less than $50. I know the better times to go so the experience is relatively painless and short.

I love going to Costco...however bulk purchases are not my thing any more. I do however, find it hard to leave Whole Foods without it costing me an arm and a leg for my whole 4 items!

used 2 go 2 sams club. same principle. they closed down tho so now we go 2 costco. i usually don't have a hundred dollars at one time 2 spend so its never been an issue

Byrd Level 7 Apr 13, 2018

I go so rarely I never get out of there without spending a few C notes. LOL!

The problem is that you have to buy for a lot of people in order to make the membership costs worth while. We don't have a membership.

When shopping, I stick with my list. At Costco, I routinely buy six things. Also, whey protein powder that lasts for years. Since I live alone, it doesn't make sense to buy huge qualties of food.

I loathe shopping and am not a browser. "Do you have a dark red, wool dress?" I asked, walking into a department store. "I want a blue/red, not orangey. I'm looking for a long-sleeved, wrap dress that fastens at the side of the waist." If not, I walked out.

It took five years to find what I wanted. I got a classy designer dress for half off in Nordstrom's Collector's Department. Wore it for 15 years.

Never go there ...

@fauxname11 Aldi !

I have never been in a Costco.

@fauxname11 There hasn't been a Costco in any of the places I've lived.

Not a costco customer. Solo flier. My sister is customer but she just became a widow so solo flyer now too.

@fauxname11 I had been doing the surrogate husband thing since November. There is a reason why I divorced in 2000 and never wished an encore. But thank you for the thought.

@fauxname11 hey I am sure once again, she will drag me along in her next visit. And I will abide. But freedom as conditioned me to a Solo Act Attitude making me a lacking partner. Playing surrogate husband brought it into the spotlight.

When I had a family (wife and stepkids), we'd probably spend about $200-$250/month. Now, it's almost not even worth the cost of membership I spend so little there, being by myself. Their Kirkland gin sure is good, though, makes excellent gin and tonics.

It totally depends on what I buy.

I recently made a costco run for less than $10, not the norm, however.

I went to a Costco once. I decided that paying $50 for a membership, and standing in an endless line to buy a big jar of peanut butter was silly.

No Costco in my area.

ebdb Level 7 Apr 13, 2018

Haven't been to Costco.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 13, 2018

Never been to a Costco, they are new and rare here. They would not get much out of me, we entertain every weekend almost, 2 of us here permanently, shopping bill for groceries and such last 2 weeks, $50 one week, $80 the next, that is for household including pets.

@fauxname11 I don't think we have that coupon thing going here. We grow a lot, even in our suburban backyard. Also swap with other gardeners at work and not just for more vegies. Seafood is fine here and we cook/bake a lot. I am a bit like Playtex from the 70s, no visible means of support. I generate a megawatt a month surplus I sell to the power grid, that pays my insurances, Many people owe me favours, that takes care of a lot of house maintenance.
I think location and climate have a lot to do with my low cost lifestyle. I pay absolutely everything on a rewards credit card, and get 1% back in cash. May not sound a lot, but throw all your annual expenses plus some major capital purchases in and it is quite a saving. Far from wealthy but certainly very comfortable. Also people seem to show their gratitude by way of rum and scotch. Works for me though I don't drink much we do entertain a lot, nerds playing D&D or computer games with a Grand Reserve on ice.

The closest Costco to where I live is 4 hours away, so I've never been to one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:56923
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.