Agnostic.com

13 6

About a week or so ago, I joined the "conservative atheist group to post a legitimate question on what "conservative" really means. I made one post on that question, and was immediately kicked out of the group and the post was pulled down. Talk about genuine and sincere discussion and freedom of speech.

wordywalt 9 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Whenever I get "attacked" for asking a question like that I offer to share the rules I learned in a college debate class. They really "opened my eyes" and make sense. I'll share them in a minute...but I want you to not feel badly. I've been blocked from that group as well. It's sort of an oxymoron - Conservatives in America are generally also religious (I call them the Bill Maher term "#Religulous" - click on the word..).It's more appropriate. But my point is - don't feel badly about being rejected by them...they're just a bunch of "Oxy-moronic" folk.

Now they do not want you to know what they even stand for

That is the very definition of todays conservative.... Narrow minded with no small amount of ignorance

They are a bunch of snowflakes

Legitimate questions are not exactly their element.

It’s all about hating anything that’s not toxic white male Christian, it’s not even about politics anymore, if it ever was about politics.
I suppose when Reagan was meandering around the White House in a senile effort to remember his lines there may have been some politics but generally everyone I knew that liked him liked him for the same reason they liked John Wain, the least talented leading man in the history of cinema, he’s the stupid persons ideal of the perfect specimen of alpha male.
Conservatives worship maleness.
It’s probably why there’s an unsettling number of conservative wannabes in the gay community, even though they’re treated like shit. The conservative preoccupation with toxic maleness is just to much for them to resist even if they’re unwanted.
It makes sense in a really dysfunctional way.

As a white heterosexual man, I reject their definition of maleness.

they're not exactly known for appreciating facts or science. Like I've said elsewhere, being held accountable isn't censure. They don't like that either.

Yes, I don't think definitional nuances feature highly in the modern so-called Conservative mind, know what I mean?

Figures many trolls and trumpers there

Most of those people have no idea what it means nor if the policies of the party and way of thinking are sustainable. It is just not voting for a Democrat or anyone with a real moral compass.

No surprise there.

Pulling back the curtain is definitely not allowed.

They probably don't know.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:573516
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.