Agnostic.com

6 6

LINK Former Louisiana Lawmaker Wants to “Take Our Schools Back” for God | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Former Louisiana State Senator John Milkovich, a Democrat who espouses none of the party’s values, was always a laughingstock. In 2016, he voted to keep a(n unenforceable) state law on the books that says Creationism can be taught alongside evolution because — wait for it — there was “published research” of Noah’s Ark landing on an actual mountain. (That’s not true.)

In 2018, he sponsored a resolution honoring a man who tried to shove Creationism in public schools. That bill didn’t get anywhere. In 2019, he was finally defeated.

The point is: Milkovich isn’t a guy whose opinion on public education ought to carry any weight.

snytiger6 9 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This man needs to get a slogan and put it on a hat, then have rallies for his faithful. Maybe have then carry his flag also.

Gangrene of the brain is such a terrible thing.

"Is strong the Farce with this one I see." Atheist Yoda, 2021.

He’s is from the old Dixiecrats, never bothered to update his Party membership to Thuglican.

Q. What has an I.Q. of 20 and digs holes?
A. A wombat.
Q. What also has an I.Q. of 20 and digs holes?
A. 2,000 Southern Baptists. LOL.

@Triphid A mule is more intelligent.

Just an ongoing problem in 'merca and probably will never end.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575506
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.