Agnostic.com

8 12

LINK Klingenschmitt: I Lost My Navy Chaplain Gig 15 Years Ago Due to “Cancel Culture” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Before he was a conservative activist and an embarrassment of a Colorado state legislator, Gordon Klingenschmitt was a military chaplain. In 2004, he spoke at a memorial service for a crew member. Rather than speak about the deceased, he spoke about sin, how everyone needed Jesus, and how those who weren’t Christian would go to Hell.

The audience wasn’t happy with it. They complained. They were right to complain. A military chaplain’s job isn’t to proselytize — certainly not at a funeral service.

snytiger6 9 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The difference between this imbecile and the Westboro Baptist Church is only a matter of degree.

To refer to his own stupidity and willful ignorance as "cancel culture" is magnificent in its absurdity.

They have sone real comprehension problems. They say cancel culture but mean consequences lol

Aw, poor little Herr Von Clinginschidt, how my heart bleeds for him and his misfortune NOT.

That is sure a crock in my book. JW's do this same thing at funerals I have been to and they also were all closed casket. I took this to mean get your mind off the dead and on this god I am talking about.

Mormons do the same thing too. I really wanted to walk out of my own mother's funeral.

What an unmitigated crock of shit.

As a recent post pointed out, christians basically originated "cancel culture".
Now they're whining when they're told to quit their bullshit.

He wanted to do politics and deserved to lose his chapaln gig. Good riddance.

Military chaplains can be real assholes. I got sent to as catholic priest, fucking commander, asshole while in the Navy. I had put no preference in my religion and a "family" issue arose while on cruise. Long story, short answer, the dick priest pulled rank and ordered me to write a letter to my parents which he would mail after reading it.

One reason I would never join the military. It is a form of slavery and indentured servitude, the amount of power they hold over you. Even worse than in any civilian job.

@yvilletom Trying to insult me or do you just want to be blocked, Tom? My father served during the Korean War. I figure that's enough for my family. At least he enjoyed his service, but then again, he and I did not get along well..

@yvilletom And why should I care?

@yvilletom Time to block, you ass.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:580312
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.