Agnostic.com

8 14

LINK Survey: Atheists Are More Likely to Get Vaccinated Than Any Religious Group | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

According to a new survey from the Pew Research Center, atheists are more likely to get the COVID vaccine than any other religious demographic.

White evangelicals, as usual, trail everybody else.

90% of atheists — not “Nones,” but atheists specifically — say they will “definitely” or “probably” get a vaccine or that they’ve already received one shot. On the other end of the spectrum, only 54% of white evangelicals say the same thing.

10% of atheists say they have no plans to get a shot compared to 45% of white evangelicals.

HippieChick58 9 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I listen to science but I am also not in a religious group.

Well it appears on this subject that I agree with 90% of other atheists. I'm hoping to get mine very soon. And no I'm not concerned about which brand. 😁

Why trust in reliable science when you can trust in a capricious god?

Well of course we Atheist are going to get vaccinated, the simple reason, imo, is that WE value our lives, the lives of others and KNOW that there is NO Afterlife in the offering, you just get ONE chance at living, then you die, end of story, so WHY worry about being up in the Sky with a mythical, Imaginary, Invisible Sky Daddy in the first place AFTER you've ' dropped off the perch ' anyway.
And, imo, Tough Titties to the other 10% of Atheists who don't get vaccinated.

So what is the problem with the 10% of atheists who refuse the vaccine ?

Some really stupid theists ticked the atheist box by mistake ? LOL

Joke yes, but really you do get things like that happening in surveys.

@Fernapple Could be but theists don't have a monopoly on stupidity.

@Moravian Perhaps, but I'd estimate they hold at least a 60-85% of the Shares in the Creation and Production of the Stupidity Business and Marketing.

You can lead a theist to reason, but you can't make him/her think.

Well, not for nothing, but most of us aren't fucking stupid.

Well, of course. We listen to SCIENCE.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:580615
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.