Agnostic.com

19 12

Dallas Megachurch Pastor Robert Jeffress says those who get to heaven will have jobs but without bodies that tire, stressed relationships, and no government regulations. Sounds more like slavery to me.

I believe Jeffress is mistaken about work. I don't believe there is any mention of work while in Eden, and God cursed Adam to have to work when he and Eve were cast out of Eden. But there is nothing like embellishing the "inerrant" Bible which is supposed to be taken literally. The privilege of the believer but not for the unbeliever.
[deadstate.org]

RussRAB 8 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hang on. I worked all my life. I want to retire please

So heaven is a place with no Government Regulation like TEXAS has when it comes to power. So does that mean there are Power cuts in Heaven all the time.

Delusional crap...why are we even discussing this like it’s an actual possibility?

"Technically" speaking.....that alledged man of God is FULL of Crap....
GEEESH!!

Ummm, doing what? 🤔

Apparently doing all the same things we do here on earth - someone has to keep the heavenly dust off the Pearly Gates and sweep the streets paved with gold. Hmmm, perhaps heaven isn't such a perfect place after all.

@RussRAB A Divine Roomba never needs recharging.😝

What has he been smoking

Sin and more sin! Lol

Well, IF that be the case then just in case there is a Heaven, which I sincerely and 100% DOUBT there is btw, then I'll take a page from the Ancient Egyptians book and have a few hundred Ushabti made and they can do the work while lay back and enjoy eternity.

So glad I put Texas in my rear view window!

When he says there will be jobs in heaven he pulls that right out of his ass. Nothing in the bible on that. Nothing. Also, he says you will have bodies that do not tire. There are some that claim you will not even have a body. We thank Paul for that because he had visions not knowing if he was "in or out of the body." Then we have the Pearly Gates and the walls around the place. Are we keeping a spirit in or invaders out? Thanks to Revelation and other limited and veiled mentions everyone is such an expert on heaven.

Insanity is like this! This has got me to thinking about Appalachia, where I come from and all the shame and criticism connected to religion...that drove my childhood. It is still inside me and gives a kind of bloated stomach feeling when I go back in time. I can understand my sad childhood, now.

Some things will just never change........unfortunately it always seems like the bad is that way more than good.

In the words, or word, of the great philosopher Maynard G. Krebs; WORK?!

...and this is what we have to show from the courageous Pilgrims! They just wanted their own insane asylums and didn’t know there was a difference from them and religions! I may need to find a deserted island if this insanity multiplies further! This is sickening!

Just a faithfool spouting off nonsense. He is only guessing what life will be like in heaven.

Have you seen the numbers in his church...it ain’t called a Mega Church for nothing! 😱

@Freedompath - If we just go by numbers of believers, then the earth really was flat and at the center of the universe at one time. Obviously, more - like actual verifiable evidense - is needed. I can think up plenty of things I would like to be true as well, but wanting it doesn't make it so, no matter how "mega" my following is. (I know you know this)

@Freedompath Just because he has a large following, doesn't mean he is not spouting nonsense. He is still a faithfool.

@xenoview what I am agonizing over is how many people are falling for this lunacy! Why else would they show up there on a regular basis?

@Freedompath - Agreed.

More mental masturbation by a mental midget.

I thought they were made (hired) as gardeners.

Abrahanic heaven is a brainwashed place (if it were real). Everyone is happy and spends all of time praising the lord. Yep, sounds more like a miserable place akin to slavery.

Yeah, at least Landru gave everyone a night out. 🤪

They're all idiots

Ditto 😡

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:580780
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.