Agnostic.com

5 7

LINK These Religious Leaders Are Encouraging Their Congregations to Get Vaccinated | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Since I post a lot on this site about conservative Christians who have deranged ideas for why people should avoid the COVID vaccine, it’s worth pointing out that a lot of religious leaders are in fact urging their congregations to do the right thing. They’re encouraging everyone to get their shots — and they’re using scripture to make their point, in case that’s what their members need to hear.

snytiger6 9 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, I suppose that's basically acknowledging your failure. If God doesn't answer your prayers it's time to get vaccinated!
They are lucky tho that they have the scriptures as they are so ambiguous that anyone can interpret it just the way they please.

ABack Level 6 Mar 18, 2021

"you don't read the Bible; the Bible reads you"

Hmmm, is IT because these so-called Leaders are really interested in the lives of their Followers OR, is it, perhance, a method to ensure that the Followers will continue to live, attend services and continue to drop money into the Collection Plates, etc, etc?
Call me suspicious if you will, but I have never seen Altruism and Religion going hand in hand imo.

Oh, you are ever so suspicious.

@Jolanta Thank you AND I take it as being a Great Compliment as well.

The leaders are, like Trump, just a bunch of quite skilled con men and women. They are playing a scam that has been around since the beginning of mankind in one form or another. Shaman’s, witch doctors, priests, or whatever they happen to call themselves, find that they can exert control over those around them just by the sound of their voice. Or sometimes just their presence makes people want to support them and worship them. That’s why they all loved Trump, they recognized a kindred spirit. And most people, (unlike most on this site) are to one extent or another no better than sheep, who follow and obey the shepherd that appeals to their most pressing need, like the drug du jour.
I am just thankful everyday that I don’t have that need for tribe and domination in my gene pool.

It is about time that people woke up. For the last 4 or 5 years we heard the term "woke" but it had nothing to do with knowing anything.

While Christians as a whole tend to be maligned on here, and often with at least good reason, the vast majority are decent folks who's beliefs happen to intersect with the idiots among them. Just as ISIS doesn't represent much if not most Muslims, Christian Nationalists and Radical Evangelicals don't represent the whole of Christianity. While most of these posts highlight the worst of the bunch, the average church goer are decent people, like the rest of us, just trying to go through life, raise their families and be decent people and helpful neighbors. Good to recognize that from time to time.

It's so sad that this should be newsworthy

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582545
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.