Agnostic.com

14 8

LINK How Will Pastors Grapple with the Georgia Spa Shooter’s Baptist Faith? | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

In the aftermath of the spa shootings near Atlanta yesterday, pastors across the nation are reckoning with how the shooter could do something so horrific when, as far as we know, he was a devoted member of his faith.

So far, we know a high school classmate has said Robert Aaron Long was “big into religion,” a neighbor said he came from “a good Christian family,” and the Crabapple First Baptist Church in Milton once celebrated his journey to baptism in a now-deleted Facebook post.

All that’s to say pastors will have a hard time pretending Long lacked faith. All signs suggest he was surrounded by it. So how will they grapple with that reality?

snytiger6 9 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Another home grown terrorist.

I read the website of his church went dark so it appears they're mostly interested in covering their butts and not dealing with the PR fallout.

Ignore. ANTIFA

I'll take "not a real xtian" for 1,000.

I was going to bet on “No true Scotsman “ myself.

Good reason to have background checks for guns. The faithfools will makeup excuses about him not being faithful enough, or the devil was involved.

Given the statements made by the police spokesperson I am guessing they thanked and high-fived him before they cuffed him.

They will say he 'lost' his faith. easy as.

"faith" as a noun, lol

I'd say that FIRST on the list will be the most expensive Lawyer ( Liar) that money can buy, Second will be a Plea of Momentary Insanity POSSIBLY caused by misplaced religious fervour and then Third will be an earnest plea for clemency based on as much bullshit as they can dream up.

They won't. They never do.

The devil made him do it. That usually ends the discussion.

I live in Cherokee County Ga not far from where the school shooter lives. I feel like i can give a little insight into this. I think alot of christians are saddened by this but i also think alot of christians kinda think the asian massage parlor deserved it because of the sex trade they were in. They sinned against god and got what they deserved which is sad because no one deserved this no matter what they do.

They’ll pull the Trump playbook......Lie, deny, deny, attempt to put a positive spin on it. It’s gotten old and stupid.

He's a good Christian, he would never do anything wrong and at most should get probation.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:583241
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.