Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK With Beth Moore's exit, more evangelical women are challenging strict gender norms

Buffet style Christianity has always been a staple of those claiming to follow Jebus. Still, any movement towards freedom is largely a good thing, however tentative imho.

:-----:

"Complementarian theology is relatively new to the evangelical world, and it was not always a fixed doctrine in the Southern Baptist Convention, the nation’s largest Protestant denomination. Though plenty of evangelicals believed in traditional gender roles, the notion that men and women are equal but have complementary or distinct roles was only incorporated into the Baptist Faith and Message, the denomination’s confession, in 1998. It called for a husband “to love his wife as Christ loved the church” and to lead his family and for his wife to “submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband.”"

WilliamCharles 8 Mar 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Who the fuck is Beth Moore and furthermore, who the fuck cares?

It is hard for me to love my wife as Christ loved the church. I have no proof of truth in the writings of Ephesians because it was written by Paul. He never knew or saw Jesus and it was Paul who did the most to set up a "church" in the first place.

Why would you want to love anyone based on a fictional character? That's bullshit. Love people based on your own terms and based on being and keeping it real.

I'm so glad I've never subscribed to all that bullshit.
It's hard enough being surrounded by the delusional, without having to live the way they think I should.

I love few things more than bucking the system, and pissing off the patriarchy.

Like living amongst "Invasion of the Body Snatchers."

My friend Deborah Mitchell wrote a book, "Growing Up Godless" with many sad and troubling stories from people living within the Bible belt and other godbothering backwaters.

I'm even quoted in her book.

:-----:

"I see a pattern where the randomness of human actions can be directed through probability for an overall cumulative and positive effect. All throughout our society there is a butterfly effect that we are most always oblivious to… I guess my message is to go boldly forth and increase the peace and love and know you are not alone. You may not always be aware of the others choosing to follow this same path as you, but they’re out there, and they’re making a difference.”

~ LanceThruster

[from Debbie Mitchell's book "Growing Up Godless" - Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:583508
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.