Agnostic.com

9 10

LINK Pat Robertson: God May Have Created the Earth in Six “Universal” Days | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Despite televangelist Pat Robertson‘s long history of saying batshit crazy things, he’s always been weirdly pro-science when it comes to evolution and Creationism.

He has said for years that Creationists’ belief in a young Earth “wasn’t inspired by the Lord,” that “you have to be deaf, dumb, and blind to think that this Earth that we live in only has 6,000 years of existence,” and that trying to rationalize a young Earth “just doesn’t compute.”

Last year, he claimed that God didn’t create the Earth in six “literal 24-hour days” but rather six “galactic” days. Whatever that means.

He used that tactic against yesterday when trying to reconcile the differences between the Book of Genesis and reality for a viewer who couldn’t make sense of it: (follow link for video)

snytiger6 9 Apr 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Geriatric Old Fart is dribbling torrents of shit again I see.
Big Sky Daddy 'created the Earth in 6 Universal days, did he/she/it?
Well, according to Astronomers, who I trust more than the Goat-herders Guide to the Galaxy btw,

1. The Sun rotates ONCE every 27 days upon its axis ( Observable and Observed), SO, how could Sky Daddy have realized or known this when, according to the Holey Babble, Sky Daddy DID NOT create the Sun UNTIL the FOURTH day?
  2. A "Universal Day" implies logically that it MUST contain both a Sun-rise and a Sun-set, i.e. the entire Universe MUST then, rotate upon a central axis, WHICH according to Astronomers and their numerous observation it DOES NOT, ergo, there goes the "Universal Day" claim down the tubes completely.
  3. Our Galaxy, the Milky-way, rotates on its CENTRAL axis once in every approx. 200 MILLION Years and, since Sky Daddy did NOT ' create ' the Stars in the sky until the 3rd. day, according to Genesis, so that piss-poor hypothesis kind of goes down like a lead balloon as well.
    I wonder does Pat the Prattlers Anus ever suffer from fits of Rage and Jealousy EVERY time his mouth usurps its job or did it just 'roll up its swag, clench its cheeks' and head off, decades ago, to enroll for Unemployment Benefits?

I do so love the random crap that comes out of crazy uncle Pat.

In my church daze believers thought our troubles would soon be over when Pat ran for president.

Well s***, everybody knows galactic day they just won't fit you need a universal day fits every need. 🤔 It's the magic in the elastic waistband. 🤣

Don't ya just love it when biblical literalist Christians start telling us that words we are supposed to believe are inerrant don't really mean what they typically mean? How can anyone believe the Bible is without error if the words in it don't mean what they say?

He's lost his cookies a long time ago. Does anyone really listen to that crack pot any more?

This is Religious "Newspeak".

The bible is just myths, fables and fairy tales from start to finish as are all religious writings and stories.

How that old coot is still breathing is something I'll never understand.

🤬🤬

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:589427
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.