Agnostic.com

7 6

LINK Anti-Asian Hate-Crime Bill Passes Senate 94-1, With Only Sen. Josh Hawley R-MO Voting Against It

Every Senator Who Voted Against Anti-Asian Hate-Crime Bill, Raise Your Hand!

barjoe 9 Apr 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Total asshole

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 23, 2021

At least he's a consistent jerk.

St Louis and KC have diversified but those who are oppressed don't generally approve of others being oppressed. This is probably great in that Josh has likely put a lid over himself.

He's a piece of shit.

One could expect nothing less from this piece of pond scum!

What a racist demagogue!!!

Once again, the Democrats prove themselves to be the real racists:

An amendment from Republican Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas and Sen. John Kennedy of Louisiana, would have prevented any federal funding for colleges and universities that engage “in a practice that discriminates against Asian Americans in recruitment, applicant review, or admissions.” Sen. John Cornyn of Texas was added as a cosponsor of the amendment.

Hirono called it a transparent and cynical attack on longstanding policies that promote diversity, and threatened universities for using policies that courts have upheld. The Senate rejected it 49-48.
[rollcall.com]

BD66 Level 8 Apr 22, 2021

You want to see a racist? Look in the mirror.

All of the proposed Republicans amendments would have weakened the bill. Post-secondary education entry has not been a focus of discrimination against Asian Americans and was therefore not relevant to the bill.

@LovinLarge That's the primary form of discrimination against Asians. The Senators were correct in trying to prevent that form of discrimination.

@barjoe Only in a twisted leftist mind can preventing discrimination based on race be described as "racist".

@BD66 Let's see your evidence on that point while you conveniently ignore the nature of the other proposed amendments.

@BD66 I'm not a twisted leftist. I didn't say that voting for an Anti Affirmative Action bill disguised as Anti-Discrimination bill, in and of itself, makes a senator a racist. I said to you "Want to see a racist? Look in the mirror." Get it right.

@LovinLarge Discrimination against Asians in University admissions is outrageous. Here is an article that describes what goes on at Harvard.

[thecrimson.com]

@barjoe You can call it whatever you want, but it's outrageous discrimination based on race. The numbers are clear:

[thecrimson.com]

@BD66 How many times you going to post the same link?

@barjoe Did you look at the graph of SAT scores?

@BD66

1. What is clear is that you are just another con who makes unsupportable factual claims because you don't understand what evidence is. Your article references raw data which in no way constitutes supporting evidence. Even your article's raw data drawn from 1995 to 2013 is irrelevant to the current rash of Asian discrimination linked to Trump's anti-Asian sentiment related to covid-19.

2. You said entry to post-secondary education is "the primary form of discrimination against Asians" while your article fails to address this issue at all by not examining any other forms.

3. Your claim is so controversial that it sparked the very lawsuit referenced in your article and yet you have failed to reference the outcome of the trial. Leave it to a con to be intentionally misleading.

4. Thank you for proving, yet again, that cons have no regard for the truth.

@BD66 Yes I read the link. Don't pretend to be a friend to AAPI community. Look in the mirror.

@BD66 If you had troubled yourself with any post-secondary education, you would know that entry is never based on SAT scores alone, which was exactly Harvard's position. Hilarious.

@LovinLarge Would you like for me to send you my Ph.D thesis? How about my letter of admission to Harvard Business School?

@BD66 You repeatedly lied and made misleading comments throughout this thread. That should suffice.

@LovinLarge Here's a link to my 33 patents:

[patents.justia.com]

@BD66 With each comment, you make yourself look even worse. You're not only disingenuous, you're a braggart. This thread was about combatting racism but you've made it about you. I have zero interest in anything about you. Kindly refrain from contacting me again.

@LovinLarge I'm responding to this: "If you had troubled yourself with any post-secondary education"

Where did you get your PhD?
What business schools admitted you?
Could you send me a list of your patents?

@BD66 Yes, I fully realize that you're trying to change the subject because I proved that could not support your factual claims with evidence. Even I am embarrassed for you.

@LovinLarge, @barjoe All Right, let's compare our links to the AAPI Community:

Here was my first tech boss: CT Sah, one of the inventors of CMOS technology:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Here's my PhD Advisor: Hua Lee

[engineering.ucsb.edu]

Here's my first wife:

[irischang.net]

Here's a photo of me with my three children. All three of them are Half Scottish. Half Chinese:

Here's a photo of me with my girlfriend (who grew up in the Philippines), and her God daughter (A filipino american who now attends the US Naval Academy:

What ties do you have to the AAPI Community?

@BD66 There's at least 218 racists on this site

Don't even have to look to know which party voted against it. WTF GOP

Every Republican Senator who voted, supported the bill, except for Josh "Schicklgruber" Hawley.

@barjoe true but my statement is still true as well

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:591379
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.