Agnostic.com

9 19

LINK TLC star Josh Duggar arrested on federal charges | TheHill

What are Mama and Papa 19 kids going to say about this one?

Josh Duggar, the former star of the TLC show "19 Kids and Counting," was arrested by federal authorities on Thursday.

The website for the Washington County Sheriff's office shows that Duggar was arrested on Thursday and was booked around 1 p.m. He is being held without bail, according to the website.

The records shows that Duggar was arrested by U.S. Marshals, meaning the nature of arrest was federal and not state related. It is unclear what charges Duggar was arrested .

The Hill has reached out to U.S. Marshals Service as well as the Washington County Sheriff's office for further information.

Fox News notes that the car dealership where Duggar worked was raided in 2019 in connection to a federal investigation, though it was not known what the investigation was looking into. It is unclear if the investigation and Duggar's arrest are connected.

In 20, In Touch magazine reported that Duggar had molested multiple underage girls, including four of his sisters, when he was a teenager. Duggar did not face any criminal charges.

Duggar's father, former Arkansas state Rep. Jim Bob Duggar 🌈, said that he notified an Arkansas state trooper a year after he was made aware of the incident. The trooper reportedly gave Duggar a "stern" talking to. His parents told authorities that he had been sent to away for Christian-based counseling.

When the allegations were made known, TLC swift cancelled "19 Kids and Counting," and Duggar resigned from his position at the Family Research Council where he served as executive director and promoted "traditional family values."

HippieChick58 9 Apr 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

First, my view is that people with this many kids should not be revered but condemned. When I belonged to a Childfree By Choice group we learned how cultures/media shape the views of fertility and reward those that have lots of kids (like how many kids one has bred when they die). The days of 'be fruitful and multiply' are long over and now we need to reduce our numbers.

Also, it seems, more and more, people that belong to some sort of 'moral' community are, in the end, simply being sanctimonious. Look at what I say or to what group I belong but don't look at my actions. The holier they feign often the more rotten they are.

Is this just normal life or is it an example of what Reality TV can do for you?

BTW, where is Jim Bob Jumpback?

Hey, it is Arkansas we're talking about, right? All I can say is bwahahaha!!!

I thought Duggar's resignation from FRC was due to the discovery of his account (or was it more than one) on the Ashley Madison website. The Ashley Madison site for anyone who might not know is for people who are married or in committed relationships looking to have affairs.

Praise the Lawd!! Josh is letting his Godly MAN light shine to show the world what a true Christian man acts like. Warm fuzzies! 😒 With more witnesses for Christ like him, atheism aught to be the dominant demographic in no time!

and his wife is in midst of baby #7......:::eyeroll::::

Ahhhh, good Kkkristian men..and they disparage Transwomen/girls..

Odd how so little is known about just what they are investigating. Ol' josh sounds kinda creepy.

It will be interesting to see what the charges are. I am not too surprised by any “Christian “leaders being arrested for much of anything

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:592994
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.