Agnostic.com

11 6

LINK This Quiz Will Tell Exactly What Part Of The US You're From. Take It.

How Y’all, Youse and You Guys Talk Take the quiz and tell everybody how you did.

barjoe 9 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Strange. I could be from anyplace in the south or the mid west.

What part of the country would you consider Kentucky to be?

@barjoe technically it's the mid west but it's often called the south. But I could have been from Fl.,Ar, Al, or anyplace up to Mn 😟

Yup, I'm from either Irving, TX. Fremont, CA. and El Paso, TX. Pretty accurate!

Oh wow . I was curious to take bcz I have an accent and not born here . I lived in several states and now in Virginia Beach , interesting , quiz nailed it to DC . Wow !

The colloquial expressions that you've become accustomed to are native to Washington Metro area.

That was interesting! I took the test twice, because my answers could have gone 2 ways or I clicked a word that wasn't quite right when I should have clicked "other." The 2nd time got me to Seattle, where I was born and raised, better than the first try, which got me to Spokane and other cities much farther away.

I would think anywhere in the state of Washington is close enough. I guess I'm wrong.

@barjoe Seattle is spot on - but I've only visited Spokane once - for a few hours. Something in my second set of answers moved the needle.

Philadelphia, I’m about 50 miles away.

Hoagie, Sneakers, Expressway, Soda. Yinz not to far from Baltimore either. Lancaster people could be tough to peg. They could get Philly, Pittsburgh or Baltimore based upon how they answer.

@barjoe actually they gave me all three, despite the fact that I grew up (from 7-16) in Europe. I actually call them subs, highway and you all.

@Barnie2years Subs? You must be a Sheetz person. Wawa people say hoagie lol.

Put me in a large part of East Coast

It would only show me the first & second question, then come back to here....😟

@AnneWimsey Here's an archived link. Maybe this will work. [archive.nytimes.com]

I was ready to throw this thing off, but it was fairly accurate. Said I'm either from northeast Texas (which I am) or in Florida. Some of the things I reference and pronounce are probly a little different. In the age of online video games and being able to talk to people from all over every day will definitely change how one speaks at least a little.

Tejas Level 8 May 2, 2021

For me it was way accurate!! It gave me Omaha and Lincoln in Nebraska, and Overland Park, KS. I lived in OP for 5 years. I was born in Lincoln, grew up 150 miles west in a small town, and have lived in Omaha for 16 years. I have lived on Army bases in Germany and Japan, as well as all over the US.

Pretty spot on. Amazing. Sneakers vs tennis shoes. Soda vs pop. Hoagie, Sub or Zep. Highway, Freeway or Expressway. Those are indicative.

It put me in Birmingham, Jackson and New York, I think I may have confused it by not being American.

It's only for people from the United States, but it did show what geographical American influences in your answers.

It determined the three most likely cities were Detroit, Lincoln, NE and Grand Rapids, MI. I'm from Detroit! Glad that two decades in the south hasn't changed me too much.

dkp93 Level 8 May 2, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:593662
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.