Agnostic.com

22 4

When Filling out Papers

When filling out forms or documents like college applications or similar papers, what do you guys write in "religion"? I always write "Roman Catholic", because it's the religion I had before becoming an atheist and that's what's on my other documents.

LVL1Pro 3 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Put None or if you are dying a priest Will be called!

Wait. For real?

@LVL1Pro Absolutely! Why do you think they are asking?

None, N/A

Why not "none?"

Sometimes i get scared that writing something that differs from my other documents would cause problems. Or if the higher ups realize immediately that I'm an atheist, it would affect my chances. Philippines is a succy place to be an atheist in. I'm not sure if im just being paranoid though lol 😅

@LVL1Pro If you are concerned about the effect your response may have, Unitarian Universalist might be a good shield. It depends on the UU congregation, but many UUs are atheists and agnostics, some are Christian, many are drawn to Buddhist philosophy, and a variety of other categories.
People who are not familiar with contemporary UUs may assume they are just Christian, because historically they were.
[uua.org]

N/A. Or none.
In HS, I got a 50 % scholarship from a catholic college (I was young. More into Eastern philosophy at the time). I didn't lie; then a couple weeks later the scholarship was cut in half because I wasn't catholic. I didn't go there.

That seems odd to me. If you identify as an Atheist now, why use what you were in the past?

I'm just scared that writing something that differs from my other documents would cause problems. 😅😅 or it might affect my chances of getting in if they see that im an atheist. Philippines is full of conservatives. Or maybe im just paranoid lol😅

@LVL1Pro I think you’re over thinking the situation, and should simply put “none” and be true to your own beliefs. 😉

It is against the law to ask such question but if you must, write in none or better yet, none of your business!

"Atheist"

why is this such an issue put whatever you like or other who the fuck cares

Here, none, non-religious, atheist, depending on the form.

I write none, usually with an exclamation point to emphasize the fact that I do not want anything to do with it.

Atheist or None.

They do not have to know anything about your religion, now or previously. Write "other" in that blank. If it matters to anyone, sooner or later they might ask you what "other" means. Tell them you do not discuss your religion - yours or other people.

Just put in N/A.

Atheist

If there are documents like surgery forms that ask this question, it’s so they know who to call if you die (priest, rabbi, imam, or bartender.)
Of course if you answer Roman Catholic you will receive “last right”
I’d rather not partake in these rituals and after I die I don’t want my body to be used for these rituals.

To answer your question, I write in “none” because the question was “religion” and I have none

I either write "none" or atheist.

"No thank you"

I actually remember putting down "reformed druid", at a couple of points in time. 🤭 By the way welcome hope you enjoy your stay and found the answers you were looking for.

If you're concerned about what to put down, you can say none or prefer not to say.

The last time I was ask officially was 1968 when I went into the Army.

Heaven forfend, filling forms?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:595871
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.