Agnostic.com

50 2

What is your favorite cocktail? If it's obscure, please share the recipe!

sknape 5 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

50 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A dark and stormy is the favorite cocktail in Bermuda. It originated at Gosling Brothers in Bermuda. Start with Gosling’s dark rum, add mostly ginger beer and twist a lime into it. Ice if wanted.

that sounds really good, going to try one of those

I'm almost exclusively a beer drinker, but I love a well made Bloody Mary. Best one I ever had was in the Atlanta airport.

Mmmmmm...Manhattens...or Old Fashioned.

Black Russian

Sidecar: Brandy, Triple Sec, Lemon, Simple Syrup. On the rocks.

I love a good Sidecar!

@Charlene me too

I like mine up, in a martini glass with a cinnamon sugar rim. Delicious!

@Nottheonlyone need to try that!

More of a beer connoisseur ( or beer snob if you wanna be a jerk about it, ha!) but my go to cocktail especially during the summer is Brazil's national drink; The Caipirinha.

The traditional Lime Caipirinha is delicious, I'd say the Passion Fruit/Pineapple is my ultimate favorite.

Caipririnha is the best summer drink. It is known.

Moscow Mule.

I made one up that I really like: gin, violette, grapefruit bitters and a splash of grapefruit soda. It was so good, I hurt myself with it!

A chilled Negroni does it for me .

Manhattan with Woodford Reserve is my number one drink. If done right, served in a martini glass with a cherry. People will ask about it.

In the summer, I often go with a Cape Cod. Vodka, cranberry and lime. And all vodka's taste the same to me.

Malibu and Coke ?

Bourbon Manhattan

Was afraid this wasn't going to show up! I like mine with Woodford Reserve.

H2O straight up

A good margarita, or an amaretto sour.

Mullaitivu 1 bottle of gasoline one rag and a lighter.

You're so twisted. Like that about you!
Btw, always thought it was a Molotov cocktail. Mullaitivu is a district in Sri Lanka.
Do they make homemade fire bombs there, too?

@KKGator Think they make theirs with isopropyl lol.

In the cooler months I like a Maker's Mark Manhattan, no bitters with cherry juice. In the warmer months I enjoy Mojitos, and I grow a big patch of mint outside my back door to make sure I don't run out.

@Stacey48 a well used muddler has a character about it.

I love me a Bubbly Rosie at Rosie's Italian. Lots of alcohol with beautiful berries floating around. YUM!

A simple Screwdriver or a John Daly (without the tea).

I use Florida’s Natural OJ and Grey Goose vodka, 3 ice cubes, and then I put the mixture in a shaker and give it a good shake. Makes the vodka practically un-tasteable. Same deal with the John Daly.

I’ve also had this one drink that I can’t remember the name of it that is Everclear, a packet of grape Koolaide, and an orange soda. Shaken up in a mason jar.

discovered Negronis a few years ago - I modified the original recipe a little because the Campari is extremely tart/bitter. I use 2 oz of gin (vodka is ok too but I think the gin gives a better tasting Negroni) to 1 oz of sweet vermouth and then just a tablespoon of the Campari. Shake it real good so its ice cold - garnish with a slice of orange and enjoy. yum. 😉

I like tonic water and grapefuit with a cherry non alcoholic cocktails for me

gin/bitter-lemon.

I only found it in a single bar in West Hollywood, CA. It was called a Sockholm Sundrome. I remember it was mde with gin and pmegranite juice, but not much else about it.

A little story about cocktails and lost-in-translation, years ago my mother, who was French, used to like to drink beer mixed with 7-Up; she was a light drinker so it watered down the alcohol but it was still nice and fizzy; the Frech had a name for it which I don't recall. In France, a lemony-lime soft drink called Limonade (unsure if it's a brand or a type of soda) was used for this, and my mother felt 7-Up was similar enough. In more recent years, I saw a recipe for mixing beer and lemonade (ack!); obviously, someone mistranslated Limonade into Lemonade.

godef Level 7 Apr 17, 2018

I have had maybe 4 cocktails in my life. Everyone was too sweet for my taste. I drink beer and aquavit or gin

Mine is 12". Oh, nvm, thats a cock tale.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:59673
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.