Agnostic.com

12 4

LINK This Woman Abandoned Atheism For Christianity. Exactly Why Remains a Riddle. | Terry Firma | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

If that was her former feelings aobut Christians, then she was doing it wrong. It is important to laugh about them occasionally.

snytiger6 9 May 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I hear stories of people who abandoned their 'atheism' for religion, I am always suspicious about what their 'atheism' really was. They are always called ex atheists, never ex agnostics, I've noticed. Calling oneself ex- atheist is cool and provocative, but ex-agnostic become religious, not so much. I take little notice of such 'conversions', especially when adorned with blurb about how happy and peaceful they now are. These are people on a trip, and people tripping out have never impressed me.

I think quite a few of them were never atheists to begin with, but the person just made the claim for attention in their (new?) church.

@snytiger6 Quite.

Trading freedom for spiritual “security”? Her choice I guess.

And you believe this load of crap?

Not really. I think most persons who make this claim were already religious, but claim they were atheist just to gain attention in their (new?) churches/

It seems obvious to me that this woman had never been a Christian before. Thinking that they were "meddlers" is likely why she called herself atheist. She did not believe in love or even in herself. Now she has decided she has some false "faith" that might make her cry and believe in her Jebus. This is really just a typical conversion story. It has nothing to do with being atheist.

Xstians drop out of their church so they can be openly 'bad' and then they get saved again which makes for a bit of celebrity in their church group when they return to the fold. JW's now have something called being 'inactive' which just means that they can do all the things that would normally get them disfellowshipped but since they are 'inactive' they remain on the roster as JW's. One way to get your numbers up I guess, like other Xstians who only go to church at Xmas and Easter.

Yeah, that's pretty close to what I was thinking too.

Maybe she got tired of thinking for herself and took the easy way out.

I don't see why it's funny. To me, it's just sad.

@Notlost to me it is just false.

Each one has their own motives. Not for us to judge, in my opinion.

Fuck that stupid bitch full of crap!

@Mofo1953, I respect your opinion. Nevertheless, it's something within her right, with her own reasons. I won't get too bothered, it's her problem at the end of the day.

@Paddypereira making it public makes it exactly the opposite, not just her problem. But we all have the first amendment right to bitch, nobody is denying that, as so have I to say what I said. And she is full of crap.

So a confused self-proclaimed atheist with reality testing issues becomes a confused self-proclaimed Christian with reality testing issues. Sad story.

More of a false story seeded by religious fanatics, wouldn't be the first time.

@Mofo1953 Yerp.

It is one's choice questionable as it is. 🤔

She can choose between my dick in her lying mouth or my dick in her stupid ass!

She wasn't an atheist. She was just a Christian who couldn't understand how her loving god could be so cruel.

She was a fucking idiot if at all true.

I wish I had a nickel for every liar the Christians trot out as supposedly having been atheists. I'll bet the number of Christians who'd be willing to claim they were once atheists is in double digits. Lying is what they do; that and hectoring each other to hate (liberals, non-whites, gays, scientists, women and especially Jews).

When you read it you see that she was never really atheist.

This is probably very rare.

Probably? I say it is false.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:597838
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.