Agnostic.com

37 3

For those actively looking for a companion/more where did you find your success?:

• 24 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 13 votes
  • 9 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 22 votes
  • 16 votes
SunshineBee 5 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have had success on dating sites and completely random/unexpected situations just about anywhere.

Music venues work best for me, but then I love music so it is a likely place to find people that also love music.

Kimba Level 7 Apr 17, 2018

It usually happen when I'm not at all looking or expecting. Could be any time any place... Ramdom... chaos in action.

I live in the country.... the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. But religion is big here in WV and so is Trump. Education low, worldly knowledge (diversity) is zero. Clannish behavoir rules. Everyone grew-up with everyone else and was married to half of them at least once, or their cousins. Online "dating" websites are the only way for me. I need a lady a couple hours away who has travelled beyond county lines and understands there's more to the world than her family-church bubble.

A lot of great and interesting stories on how people met. I never had any luck, myself. I tried 4 different dating sites with no luck. I dated a co-worker once that went south quick and ended even worse (and I do mean worse). Several setups from friends never worked either (they all ended up cheating on me or going back to their last boyfriend). Once I asked a worker at a grocery woman out once, and that never worked out. Saying all this, sure makes me sound bad. Believe me, I am a nice guy. Seeing all these awesome stories, does give a guy hope I can still find someone to be with.

Bars,that is where l work and socialize.

OK, so we all see comments from women who claim that guys just want sex and they're just sick of these horn-dogs. Well, there are surely some guys like that... but you can weed them out quickly can't you? I suspect you do. I want a complete relationship that INCLUDES intense loving intimacies which brings us both JOY... not excludes them, or offers a Sex-Lite version. My past near-misses included wonderful women who, due apparently to things they wouldn't talk about from early in their lives and previous marriages, were just unable to fully enjoy intimacies, or even talk about it. Takes months of travel, talk, efforts and weekends to get to that point where one realizes there's not a complete person here. Many women our age (60's) are looking for a travel companion, a handyman, whatever. They say they can get sex "anywhere and anytime" they want... but IF that's true, you can get a travel companion, or handyman "anywhere or anytime", too... or instead! True for some guys, too... "anywhere, anytime", but maybe that's the problem. Sex is pretty worthless unless it's an integral part of a deeply loving, caring and respectful relationship. I'm not here looking for a night, a weekend, or a shallow relationship, but I feel terrible about leaving an otherwise-wonderful lady who, after months together, admits it's been like this all her life (and ALL her marriages and re-marriages) and it isn't going to get any better and no, she's done with therapy forever. I think many of us men and women want/need the whole package and a certain level of comfort, even thrill and enjoyment with sex is just a really important part of the BIG PICTURE for some of us. That may be why guys bring up the subject early (testing the waters), but it is not all we want... it's a vital part. Without some vital part of any relationship, people move-on, just go out and get that elsewhere, or suffer in bitter silence. Not good. It's mighty refreshing to see careful wording in a lady's profile and comments that she's still looking for loving intimacies with the right man.

Still searching

Haven’t really. Been on a few dates the last 5 years. But few. And no clicks. I’m thinking it may be the end of sex for me. Just not into the casual sex deal. If I wanted that I’d be dating cubs. Lots of those. LOL!

Punch Level 4 Apr 18, 2018

Met my husband on OkCupid. I'm polyamorous, and I met my GF in middle School. My husband met our bf first through a career event. I met him through my husband.

On a dating website. However, those success came when I wasn't quite as picky as I am now. Hummm... Just haven't found a good fit yet. Not sure dating sites are the right place anymore but I work from home so... I do think it's worth the search no matter how long it takes because life, for me, is better when shared with a close friend/partner.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:59784
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.