Agnostic.com

11 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Since, there is a lot religious fools trying to predict it's going to happen any day now.

Evangelist Harold Camping wrongly predicted the Rapture numerous times thruout his career as a religious bullshit artist.

Only the one?
You've got to be kidding, they been making predictions for centuries and NEVER once have they gotten one right.
However, I CAN make a prediction that I know will happen, at precisely 1 second past Midnight tonight A.C.S.Time IT WILL become Sunday in Australia.

Yes, but maybe Harold made it. My sources say he was cremated and nobody knows the location of his ashes.

I listened in to his radio show, once, as the day approached, to see what the hell he was talking about. He waxed rhapsodic about the "research" that led him to his prediction, about how he cross-checked the bible inside-out, as no-one else had ever done, he said, and "knew" that he was right.
Rev.Miller called it for Oct. 22, 1844, recalculated twice after that, with, obviously, no success. His followers became the 7th Day Adventists.
The fellow, or should I say the fool, who spent $1.5 million to help get Camping's message out, was in Times Square, with a reporter, at noon, on 5/21/11. The reporter wondered. aloud, why the end had not come yet, as Australia was having midnight, and the fool urged patience.

Well I gotta say it feels pretty good being up here in Ye Olde Heaven!
Yes, those are my boogers raining down on you

twill Level 7 May 21, 2021

Mayan misery

People who don't know that the Mayan calendar ended a few years ago, and some people thought it meant the end of the world would come when the calendar ended.

They didn't consider that the Mayans may not have thought it necessary to calculate their calendar more than a few hundred years in advance.

Makes me think of Y2K.

How about for the past few 10 decades or more. Day late and a dollar short.

Too bad, I would not have missed his followers.

They've been wrongly predicting the rapture since at least the 1800's

try the first century, the disiples believed that they would not perish but be spirited off to heaven.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:598063
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.