Agnostic.com

20 31

U gonna have to hear me out ,
Sorry friends ,
But here we are πŸ™„πŸ˜‚

I moved back to ED/ trauma officially a week ago . Yay ! HOME !
πŸ™Œ
No more covid MICU for me and my team , one by one , we are all re United at the place we feel alive .

Well . 7 OD cases later , 2 gunshots , and a 8 yr old who was stubbed by mother numerous times , yeah , fuck that too , I forgot , fuck my life . πŸ™„But at least I know what I am doing , at least I know what I am dealing with .

Last night I got an email by administration that did not sat well w me . They asked me to report at critical care coordinators office at 0900 . No explanation .
And I thought , β€œ what the fuck I did now ? β€œ Run through my tiny brain everyone I treated for weeks . And most importantly , EVERYONE I POSSIBLY TALKED TO FOR WEEKS . bcz u know , I am not exactly famous for my great tact and diplomacy at the hospital . πŸ˜‚πŸ™„
And i started thinking, here comes the Human Resources meeting I am sure , β€œ pls ms Mara , help us out , watch your words , and blah blah blah β€œ ...πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡
I have heard that speech so many x in my 22 yrs , ain’t even funny !

But some how, yes , I get away w crime . I know , and I am thankful to all my nurses who watch over my mouth and through the years they taught me how to breathe , and how to zip my lip and smile . I know . πŸ™Œ
But this morning , I walked up stairs with not a great feeling in my guts .

I was greeted by nobody , the secretary that I know for 100 yrs , and I am pesting her for 100 yrs to return to school and get something better than this in her hands and her wallet , that’s was it !

She took me back down to the elevators 15 long minutes later , and to the main entrance of the hospital , and fuck this , I thought , really ? Back to lobby ? What the fuck , m I fired ?? What did I do ???😩😩😩😩😩😩😩
At the lobby , when I got out , there were 400 plus humans , most I know , some I care for , few I love ( my team !!!), and some that couldn’t care less , but ok !

There were flowers and this and that , and honestly can’t remember much . All I know is that I am not fired , I did nothing wrong , and they just gave me an award for the 15 months of leading the MICU / covid .
Patients , and family member of patients who are gone , family member who I only seen and communicated via iPad , were there too β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️
Well . I cried my eyeballs out . I looked like a troll after 13 hrs , plus tears . I looked for my nurses and rest of assholes , I wanted to make sure the hospital knows we did this all togheter ?? My work kids , my babies , these assholes ! β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

When the whole thing it was done , I got back in my car , texted this pictures to my sister in Italy , as my team were keep sending them in my phone , while in traffic , πŸ™„and I had another good cry spell .

I don’t f know y . I am not sad . I am kinda proud to tell u the truth . Yeah . We did good . I did good . It was hard , man . It wasn’t like anything we did b4. And I feel relief .

Bcz life at ED is getting back to normal ,
bcz I don’t have to talk to family members via iPad ,
bcz most of my grandmas Moses w COPD are going to make it ,
and bcz I can eat snacks and Nutella again and drink water .
I know I sound stupid to most of u ,
And that’s alright πŸ˜‚. The last 3 years u should know , not the brightest πŸ˜‚ β™₯️
What I want u to know , , Is β€œ thank u β€œ too .
U helped me many nights . W all ur posts . And the news . And the talks . And the memes . Even the arguments . Actually , especially the arguments .
I am going to bed , my β€œ award β€œ behind still has to go in tonight and hate everyone at ED.
I love u guys . Be safe . β™₯️

Pralina1 9 May 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thank you so much. I know you understand that there is hope for us fucked up primates. We have to strive to rise above ourselves, because that is the only thing that can be holy without god.

β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

Congrats - and they did a good thing and you deserved that award! (Other than scaring the crap out of you by keeping it quiet !!!!)

You are a good one, @Pralina1

Ohub Level 7 May 27, 2021

Kisses to your sweet dogs β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

@Pralina1 They send sleepy kisses back.... (Why did you wake us up to take a picture ???! they ask)

@Ohub omg . I know the one at left β™₯️She / he is the diva one . I can sense . The yellow throws me away . In my mind , u come w leather couch and dark colors . I love your babies . I love the connect of yours of your vet calling u to offer u an adoption choice . In my mind , u are carring and FABULUS w your rescues . That makes me big fan of u , and I do know u have human kids too . Your animals appreciate u and love u . U doing something right πŸ™Œβ™₯️

@Pralina1 Lily to the left and Beta to the right. Lily is indeed a diva ! (That is worth a thread in and of itself.....) The yellow blanket is a Transformers blanket rescued from a kid room from I don't even remember how many years ago.... They also have a batman blanket on their chair in the living room.

And thank you for the kind words! Gave me a lift for the day !

Now I have to go disappoint the dogs - The dog blankets have an appointment with the washing machine.....

Congratulations, I am sure 15 months in MICU during COVID was very hard to do.

We made it πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ. Thank u β™₯️

BTW, WE are proud of you, too! We know it was a team. But you were the captain. You deserve the recognition. Now get back to work...in the ED.

Thank u Ms Kathleen β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

a hero with an edge. 🍦

Alive πŸ™Œβ™₯οΈπŸ™Œ

What took them so long? You and your crew are super special and make a huge difference to all under your care, thank you so much for all that you have done to help others survive this pandemic.

Thank u sweetheart β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

Goes to show that you are a good person who can do great things. Awesome, you go girl.

β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️ We made it , that’s all β™₯️β™₯️β™₯οΈπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

That is Awesome, the Recognition you Deserve, for all that you've given of yourself, all those lives saved. In the most desperate of times, You Deserve This Gf..sooo happy for you!! ❀❀❀❀❀

I am proud of u too . I remembered many x this last year the New Years post that u made on 2020. To me , it was motivating πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

You deserve all of this. What an excruciating time it’s been for patients and families and you had to face it all every day. My brother in law’s mother died a horrible death from Covid, and it was the nurses and all the staff in ICU who made it so much easier for her and all of us. We love and miss her, and hate she had to go through that, but thankful for all the nurses who went through it with her. ❀️

It has been so hard for the families . I am sorry u had to live it πŸ™. I know the pain to not be able even to hug and kiss goodbye your human . This has been the hardest part , no closure , no face to face updates , no nothing . I am very sorry for your loss πŸ™

@Pralina1 Thank you so much. It was startling and upsetting for me. And even worse for my brother in law and his family. πŸ’•

Awesome. Congratulations.

We lost touch w all this bullshit , I hope u doing well Mitch β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️. Thank u β™₯️

Congratulations, so glad you are back to what you want to do.

β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️
I know u are . Thank u Glenn β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

I'm sure if I were in an Ed you would be the one I would want caring for me.

Thank u sweetheart β™₯️. We made it β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️Stay safe πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

Congratulations!!!! Thank you for being on the front lines and helping people! Well deserved, hope you sleep well!

Like a dragon πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ
Stay safe Michelle β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯οΈπŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡

@Pralina1 Thank you! You too! πŸ€—β€οΈ

People often think. WELL done. But hardly ever bother to rouse themselves and say it, so if they do, you can be sure it is really well meant.

Thank u . Your sharing w bats was memorable for me last year . When I look at picture of my adopted baby bat , Ronan , I always think of your post β™₯️ . We made it πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œβ™₯️β™₯️

Congratulations, you deserve it.

Thank u sweetie β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

Congratulations. Well deserved recognition. I am glad they appreciate you and what you do. Many hugs!

We made it Larry . So far so good , right ?? I missed u friend β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

@Pralina1 Missed you too, for sure.

Thanks for your service and for sharing with us.πŸ™‚

Alive β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

wtf, fired? You are so funny! I really have no words for how incredibly inspirational you are, but I'm glad that your extraordinary work has been recognized ... it's just a wee bit of a reflection of how much you're appreciated. Really. Thank you, too, for being our voice of reason on the front lines of this treacherous year.

Be well, sleep well, know you're SO loved, and enjoy a big bowl of Nutella to celebrate.

We made it Lauren ! How r your boys ? How r u ???
Thank u for the love . Wegonnamakeit πŸ™Œβ™₯οΈπŸ™Œ

That was beautiful! So happy for you, that your hard work, dedication and perseverance got recognized. And like the true sweetheart you are, you sought to share the reward with your team! You are a beautiful soul, a true Florence Nightingale of the ED! Take care and bask in the limelight for a time. They don’t come often enough.
Your story made my eyes damp lady! πŸ₯²

β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️That’s so U . Thank u sweetie . Be safe πŸ™Œβ™₯οΈπŸ™Œ

Congrats so happy for you deserved this keep it up

bobwjr Level 10 May 26, 2021

Trying to match u Bob . Voluntering like u did , amazing u are . U are loved β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

@Pralina1 So are you

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:599161
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.