Agnostic.com

17 19

LINK Satanists Plan to Symbolically Take Over the Bladensburg Peace Cross in Maryland | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Two years ago the supreme court ruled that the cross was not a Christian symbol, which kind of left it up for grabs and so the Satanic Temple is calling dibs.

snytiger6 9 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A friend of mine went there for that, said it was great!

Oh my!! Dangerous Criminals!! LMAO

Oh my. This is bound to make the Christers, wait for it, cross. 🤣😜

zeuser Level 9 June 27, 2021

This points out quite well why wise religious leaders agree with separation of church and state.

Exhibit A: In the 1960's when the fight over school prayer was going on, wise religious leaders stepped up and supported ending school prayer. WHY ???? Because they knew the prayers would end up diluted by the powers & compromises of the state. (gotta make everyone happy)

"Wise"

twill Level 7 June 27, 2021

1998 I discovered the satanic temple. Almost joined (as an atheist). Didn’t join, because that makes no sense. But damn I love their work!

Mvtt Level 7 June 27, 2021

i am an atheist, yet i appreciate satanism, ave satanas!

Basem Level 7 June 27, 2021

Even the Nazi cross came from old Christian crosses so it is hard to say what is a Christian symbol. I've heard of the sign of the cross. I keep wondering how church people would make the sign of the torture stake.

I thought it came about from cultures of Eurasia. It is used as a symbol of divinity and spirituality in Indian religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

Love this so much!

Leelu Level 7 June 26, 2021

I absolutely adore the Satanic Temple. Here’s their ‘brand of satanism’

A symbol of Ancient Roman torture and execution, later adopted and used as a symbol of Domination over the Indigenous Peoples on other continents and held above them as they were slaughtered for supposed sins that they knew about in the first place, used also in the Inquisitions, Witch Trials and Executions, etc, etc, and NOW being HAILED as a Symbol of Peace by the very people who still condone the actions it was involved in the past, PLEASE pull the other leg it plays Jingle Bells in stereo.

Welcome to the immorality of the Church: the clerics have infested the Supreme Court of the United States of America.

@anglophone Don't you mean the United States of Absurdity?

@Triphid Or even the United $tates of Absurdity!

I can hear all the pissed off Christians now. 😆

I look forward to seeing and hearing all the apoplectic shrieks of outrage from fulminating Christians.

Hail Satan!

barjoe Level 9 June 26, 2021

Great idea

bobwjr Level 10 June 26, 2021

Give it what it TRULY deserves, a Flaming end in a raging Bonfire.

I think would insert a face palm emoji on this comment if I was using my phone.

Maybe our agnostic.com Maryland chapter needs a trip to Bladensburg.

Yes!

Alito has the strangest conclusions of any current Supreme Court Justice.

Good luck to the Satanists.

Divinely inspired. I'll log on.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:605600
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.