Agnostic.com

14 12

LINK Christian Business Owner Tells Lesbians She Won’t Let Them Rent Wedding Tuxes | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

The owner said she wouldn't fulfill the order because "Jesus hates lesbians". This is despite the fact that the woman who placed the order was a 15 year customer of the shop.

snytiger6 9 June 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Another Christian bigot cunt

bobwjr Level 10 June 29, 2021

If I remember correctly, the baker who refused to bake a cake for a gay couple won his case because the court considered him an artist making a particular cake for a wedding. Even though there were no unusual requested decorations for the cake - as I recall, they never got to the discussion of decorations - the baker was let off the hook for baking a cake for a gay couple's wedding because he was creating art and not because they were gay and not because the cake was outside the artistic skill or scope of the baker. Still, the tux shop doesn't have the same excuse. There isn't an artistic scope for the shop to hide behind.

Are all of us just telling too much here? Why do we need to know what somebody wants to do with a tux and how do we know that Jesus hates lesbians?

Are we talking about the customers?

The owner of the shop was probably curious why 2 women wanted to get fitted for tuxedoes together, and in all innocence they told her.

I see now that the owner had known them both for years, and cancelled their order. I guess she had a change of what passes for her heart.

The owner is ignorant of her own Bible, and she is a bigot. Perhaps I should point out to her that Jesus hates bigots.

DRIPDRIPDRIPDRIP ... thats the sound of our planets' ice caps melting .............. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
thats the sound of me caring about any kind of gay wedding cake issue while our planet's biosphere is collapsing ................... please stop this trivialness.

It’s called spending your money where you’re wanted? Why would you patronize stores that hate you for who you are? I avoid Home Depot like the plague just because the owner is a Trumplican!

I avoid hobby lobby and chic fal a because they are owned by fundy christians.

@xenoview exactly! Why would you want to support a business that suppresses what you believe in?

@Barnie2years & @xenoview - I've avoided Hobby Lobby ever since they objected to the ACA. A corporation doesn't have a religion and therefore shouldn't have any kind of religious exception to a law. Even then, an employer of a regular business should be able to control their employee's health care no matter how religious they think they are. Home Depot got the same treatment when I found out they were big trump supporters. Toyota may be next on the list.

As for patronage, the woman who placed the order had been a customer for over 15 years with no problems. She didn't expect any problems. After having a problem I doubt she will continue to patronize the store anymore.

Just more b*** if you ask me. 🤔 Farking morons. 🤬

Strikes me completely differently than baking a specific cake for some reason, ya

It is discrimination and the state should revoke their business license.

Leelu Level 7 June 29, 2021

I'm not sure what the law says about this, but it sure is a bad business practice.

She should lose her business license.
No one gets to use their religious beliefs to discriminate against anyone.
"Religious freedom" is just code for the right to discriminate.
Fuck that shit.

KKGator Level 9 June 29, 2021

@Dyl1983 Worst idea I've seen.

@Dyl1983 No. I'm not advocating vandalism or anything remotely violent.

Hatred and bigotry in the name of Our Savior. That's gonna go over well when she gets to the Pearly Gates: "You did WHAT in my name?" LOL 😉

I wouldn’t be surprised if this bitch had 3 or 4 kids over that many marriages and divorces.

Nothing like good old jesus hate. There is nothing in the bible speaking out against two women having sex together.

Lesbian nor Trans is mentioned in the bible.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:606150
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.