Agnostic.com

23 7

This is no way to get a date. How would you reply?

Today I awoke to this rant from a Christian on Fitness Singles. I want to go back to bed.

"Take you don't believe in hell.?. I have a B.S in Biology . I died , went to
hell came back and had a encounter with Jesus Christ , the Son of the
Invisible God . On Feb 6 th 1978 , at the Newnan, at Fredonia State College
I was Born Again spiritually. Sure you heard 👂 about being Born Again . IF not mark my word you will hear about it some more !!!! Why because this
Invisible God koves you with a infinite and everlasting love. CBN . Org and
learn. About it . I

"IF you don't believe in hell you will believe it when you get there ..
Unless you become born again . To be continued ...........

"Reason we have to become Born Again or have a conversion is we are dead spiritually. We are slaves to sin. A few are outburst of anger, lying , stealing. drunkenness, adultery. and fornication . Because we are sinners we are hell bound but the invisible God loves the world 🌎 that He sent His Son , Jesus,
and if we trust in Him we are heaven bound instead of hell bound ! Again check CBN.org . If I didn't care about you would keep my mouth shut . Never forget NO MAN CAN LOVE YOU LIKE JESUS !!!!!!!!!!"

Me again. A simple "F- off" doesn't cover it. I want to reject him with a restrained, intelligent answer and then block him. Help!

LiterateHiker 9 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@HippieChick58, @MrDragon, @bobwjr, @Secretguy, @skado, @UrsiMajor, @KKGator, @davknight, @JackPedigo, @Mitch07102, @RCRX87, @jlynn37, @BitFlipper, @davknight

With thanks to @HippieChick58 and @UrsiMajor, this is my reply:

Education doesn't always fix ignorance.

If you ever awaken from your delusion and come to the light of science and reason, I'd be willing to talk with you. But until then, you are dangerously misguided and I don't need that in my life.

Kathleen

Well, I sometimes like to play with people like this. I would tell him that he's right, that you found the love of Jesus, and no longer seek the love of a man...but that's just me.

RCRX87 Level 4 July 10, 2021

It pains me to see fellow colleagues with biology degrees posting this crap. Education doesn't always fix ignorance.

@UrsiMajor

Thank you. I love: "Education doesn't always fix ignorance."

Remember, all degrees are not created equal. Bob Jones University (hilarious acronym, by the way- did he ever consider that he was founding BJ University?) grants biology "degrees" and somehow is accredited, even though, according to that wiki, 'Bob Jones University supports young-earth creationism, all their biology faculty are young Earth creationists and the university rejects evolution, calling it "at best an unsupportable and unworkable hypothesis".'

And yet somehow 80-100% of their pre-med students are admitted to med school every year. Makes me wonder about med schools, personally; or hopefully how many of their students just nod and wink because the folks are paying for their schooling, but only if they go there.

I don't have good words this morning. (Lack of sleep, I think we had a tornado last night, no damage aside from tree limbs all over, and no power for 8 hours.) But for that delusional being, I'd just let him know that if he ever awakens from his delusion and comes to the light of science and reason you'd be willing to talk with him, but until then he's dangerously misguided and you don't need that in your life right now.

@HippieChick

Thank you. Well stated. You helped me write a reply.

Well, I have an invisible dragon that told me that your full of shit.

I can see my dragon and he says the same thing, just with fire.

This is clearly a person who has never felt loved by another human being, not even his own mother. “Squashing” him would be exactly what he is expecting, and would emphatically validate his existing belief. So the question remains... are humans capable of demonstrating love better than an imaginary deity?

skado Level 9 July 10, 2021

Fitness Singles deleted his profile after I sent them his message.

HAHAHA! fist pump

I came in way late to the conversation. This may or may not help in future similar situations, but it was an element in my decision to get divorced when I realized that my ex was equally if not more interested in loving a dead and possibly mythological person as she was in the flesh & blood one right there with her (i.e. me).

"I think it's unhealthy to be more devoted to a dead person in the sky than we are to the living people here on earth" might be a good summation.

Have you heard about the church of Satan, we are looking for new members. That might do it

bobwjr Level 10 July 10, 2021

As is my won't on here, my answers are succinct....NEXT!!!!!

@Larimar

I reported and blocked him after he kept sending me angry messages.

@LiterateHiker Angry messages???? I'd say you dodged a bullet. He has no call to get angry at you.

I cannot imagine why someone would be so obnoxious to anyone on a dating site. The guy is obviously nuts.

Women on dating sites are constantly getting awful messages; I have been called every nasty name in the book and then some.

Why are you so concerned with how to respond to idiots like that? As Ron White so succinctly put it, "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID". Just report him, block him and move on. Not worth your time or energy. If you want to make them feel really uncomfortable...send them a cleverly disguised link to The Satanic Bible. Something they will open and KICK THEIR TEETH IN...after they come back at you in a rage...send them a ☺ and THEN BLOCK THEM...have some fun with it...pack a lunch...😂

@phoenixone1

I reported and blocked him.

He kept sending me angry, deranged messages saying he has met people who met the devil.

@LiterateHiker yup...he's insane...block and forget...plenty more where that one came from...he won't be the last. Don't you just hate tortured souls...smfh

Turns out it's near-impossible to change people, or even get them to review their thinking, with online efforts. There is simply no less-effective way than online arguing or preaching to a stranger with his/her mind set. You won't get him redirected anymore than a 45-er will change your thinking about politics with some well-chosen words. Block and move on. You'll NEVER say, and never hear a "Oh, yeah, I guess you're right about that". 😉

@mtnhome

You're right. I am the only person I can control and change.

He kept sending me angry messages that he knows people who met the Devil, among other nutso claims.

I reported and blocked him.

My standard reply ... I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You do you, I do me and let's strive to love one another and to do or cause no harm.

It is a waste of time to try and reason with the mentally delusional. I'd just say "Oogakaboogawooga! and Ungabungabunga, Doc!"

Nothing more than "LOL" is needed.

Dear sir, where is your evidence for your 'rebirth'?
I'm sure you could continue to refute his rambling incoherence with science backed argument explaining what happens to an oxygen deprived brain, but in the end I doubt he would be worthy of your romantic attention.
I sadly, am too far away to become your 'toy-gentleman' .... too fat as well, but at least that is curable!

Everyday I wake up and if I choose to, I can consider my self born again : A new day, a new man !

twill Level 7 July 11, 2021

@QuidamOutrepont

Perfect!

Don't waste your time. Just block him.

You have more energy than I do. I'd just block and report him for rudeness and aggressive behavior.

To me people like this do not deserve any more of my energy or time. It will wasted and frustrating to give them even millisecond of my attention.

I don’t know what to say. I can’t think of a good enough response that would “slap him up side the head” like he needs. Some people just won’t ever get it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:608483
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.