Agnostic.com

12 19

LINK Argument over Bible verses leads to strangulation, murder charge

Waynesboro police say an argument over Bible verses led to a fist fight that ended in the strangulation death of one man and a second-degree murder charge for another

snytiger6 9 July 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Police should charge God as an Accessory to murder. Extradition would be too costly, I guess 🙂

Well, isn't that special.......and exactly what Jesus preached, too......

Most Protestant Christians have no idea what Jesus preached. They always go to the Old Testament to find what they want to support their homophobia, misogyny, and whatever other sick shit they believe because it is all somewhere in that book. They only bring up Jesus at Easter and Christmas.

now it might be a bit clearer why it's a good idea to offer a gnostic (who doesnt bother to get educated) some false hope!

I wanted to know what Bible verse they disagreed over. It would be even more ironic if it was one that had been added to the original - something that is understood to be a fake or forged addition.

People might as well fight over a pile of rocks.

They only do that when they are stoning someone.

Lmao. Love it when religitards off eachother

redhog Level 7 July 18, 2021

Especially over their shared 'tard religion.

@RussRAB yup 100%

Life is too short to kill each other over something so futile.

It's even shorter if murder is an answer. Jesus is a fine example.

During the Thirty Years War (1618-1648) Protestants and Catholics slaughtered one another in great and bloody heaps over interpretations of "scripture".

The various Islamic groups are still killing each other over interpretation.

@Barnie2years And that doesn't bother me much. I simply stay out of the M.E. so have few worries about them.

@rainmanjr ha well fwiw you would be a tourist there, and they know what side their bread is buttered on. LA is much more dangerous in my experience anyway

This does not surprise me at all. Sounds like the biblical way? I recall years ago in Houston, Texas that a doctor and his son were arguing over footballer Earl Campbell's salary. One of them ended up dead.

Sounds like a better reason.

That would definitely be Texas. Nothing in Texas is more important than football, not religion, not family. I mean nothing.

Like you've never wanted strangle a Christian

Crazy...

Killing over an argument about a book of fiction.
More proof that religion is dangerous.

KKGator Level 9 July 18, 2021

I didn't realize how dangerous religion is until I joined the community.

@freedom41 Religious people dislike being seen for what they are.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:610300
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.