Agnostic.com

12 7

If the South gets what they ask for...

Organist1 8 July 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And what about the increasing number of 'liberals' that live in the south? Should they relocate and take their businesses with them?

That would be a major problem. Real estate up north would get even more expensive than it is in a hurry.

@Organist1 I don't know about the East but people in the west especially California are leaving. Some friends of mine are moving to NC. They are tired of the fires and drought. I think prices in the south will go up. Places that have a halfway desirable climae are getting swamped with newcomers and our county/ state is one.

Bye-bye, so long, farewell

I'm just fine with letting them go. In fact, I think Lincoln was wrong in stopping them from going.

It's just irrelevant drivel. States do not have a right to secede, period.
In the end it doesn't matter. We're all screwed.

we are screwed with the new laws from repukes

Traitors now and then

bobwjr Level 10 July 19, 2021

As a native southerner who knows the culture from the inside (but has rejected it), I am not at all surprised.

I don’t see the down side. Less LA, Chicago, Seattle… what’s the down side???

You see, those cities are not the one's wanting to go. Such a reply is indicative of why the North should offer The Southern treasons no quarter. Let them go and defend themselves from Mexico. Maybe, also, from us (who might not want such hatred at our Southern border).

@rainmanjr southerners aren’t (and wouldn’t be) running north unless you count the Mexicans. Even that’s only because northern governors are okay with big businesses hiring Hispanics at lower wages than American citizens.
I’m personally happy seeing them get everything that they voted for. Keep it up.

Republican-led Southern states are dragging America down by leeching off of your tax dollars.

[politicususa.com]

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

t1nick Level 8 July 19, 2021

People too dumb to understand that they lost the first time.

They would become a third world country in a decade or so.

I think it would happen almost immediately.

I could have told you that in 1983.
I'm from Alabama, trust me, they are lost in their "Lost Cause."

I've lived in the south all my life. that poll seems deeply flawed to me. sure, there are some good ole boys who think thats what they want but not most folks.

Good riddance, let em go. The west coast, northeast and Canada should form an open union and let them have their disease and ignorance.

I so would like that, but since I live in the Midwest, I would get left out of the new open union and have to move, but it might be worth it. Housing prices would go way up in the places that became part of the new open union.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:610497
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.