Agnostic.com

20 4

FOOOOOD!!!

What is the grossest or most adventurous thing you've ever eaten?

Mountain-Heathen 5 Apr 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sweetbreads.

Calf brains, uni, liver and onions, raw egg dropped in a shot of vermouth! I wasn’t always a vegan☯️ Grossest vegan food was tempe I’ll prepared.

I tried chitlings once -- only once.

Forgot those on my post, at a jazz club in Harlem.. was kinda gross🙂

@ArdentAtheist Not justr kinda gross!

Love sushi/sashimi/seaweed salad. Have had squid without frying it. Love raw clams, oysters

To preface: This was down in the deep South.
I've tried stewed possum before and to me, it was absolutely unpleasant.
I couldn't get that taste out of my mouth for 3 days.

I've heard a lot of good things about possum stew. Maybe it's an acquired taste.

@Mountain-Heathen yeah, maybe it is.
I just couldn't stomach it.
The taste and smell combined...
In surprised I didn't vomit.

Sea cucumber slimy stuff but was tasty

Rosh Level 7 Apr 19, 2018

I've never even thought about eating sea cucumber. I'll have to try that!

Hmm. I guess the grossest and most adventurous thing I have ever eaten would be escargot.

Yummy !

GLORIOUS FOOOOOOD!!!

And to gross you all out, the humble sausage is probably a lot grosser than anything mentioned here

My g/f says the same thing. Lol

the first time i ever ran away, i was not prepared. i ate everything from dog and cat food, to bugs, to algea, even got so hungry i had to cut a piece of meat off an old kill, i chose what looked like the least rotten piece and cooked it till it was a dried out bit of blackened jerky. by the time i ate that tho, i was so far into the woods i couldnt have gotten people food in time even if i had wanted to, you take what you can get when you are truly hungry.

Byrd Level 7 Apr 19, 2018

Damn! Glad you made it through.

Nothing ! Been in the food business too long and try out anything once. if I dob't like it won't have it again. I like to be adventurist where food is concerned.

Same here! Though I was never really in the food business. I was just fat for a long time.

@Mountain-Heathen Thats good enough, kept me employed. Lol

Tried squid once. Ugh.

Calamarie ! Yummy.

When I was in middle school they had us dissect squid. Then cooked some on a bunson burner. ?

Snails or octopus.

JK666 Level 7 Apr 19, 2018

cauliflower. Just disgusting.

Calamari.

I eat with my eyes and mind first so I don't tend to try food outside my comfort zone. nothing I have eaten or tried to has been that gross as such.

@Kaudz im up for dating off of here but America is a bit far away lol.

Sorry... I didn't eat it. Saw LOTS of different critters still alive, or not, in "food" markets in Thailand, Viet Nam, Cambodia and Indonesia. I can't even talk about it. What I saw convinced me to completely stop eating most animals entirely... and salmon and chicken only rarely.

Alligator and it tastes like chicken.

ebdb Level 7 Apr 19, 2018

Army food!

I never had a problem with army food. Except for the omelette MRE. That shit was just wrong.

@Mountain-Heathen Our battalion cooks were awful. I used to pray (figure of speech) for c-rations.

@Kaudz Nothing! If you ate the cigarettes in the c-rations, you were eating the tastiest thing in the box. ☺

Omg ass

I tried pickled pig's feet once. Would not recommend.

Mea Level 7 Apr 19, 2018

It's been a long time since I've had that, but I remember liking it.

That is one thing l have never come close to trying. What the hell is there to eat on a pigs foot?

Ewwwww! My grandfather used to eat pickled pigs feet. Disgusting!

@Amy0825 Here in South Africa we eat tripe and trotters, currued or in a cream sauce. Yummy !

@VAL3941 What the Hell are trotter? Over here they are a type of horse.

@Sticks48
Pigs feet, cleaned and hooves removed. Quite delicious !

@VAL3941 Thank you. ☺

@Sticks48
This a South African dish !

@VAL3941 ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:61153
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.