Agnostic.com

6 14

Lawmaker wounded at Jonestown massacre compares Trump to cult leader.

Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA), who was shot by members of the Peoples Temple during the 1978 Jonestown Massacre, says she sees similarities between cult leader Jim Jones and former President Donald Trump in the way they use their charisma to connect with disillusioned American and act as "merchants of deceit."

Speier was shot five times on an airstrip in Guyana while accompanying a lawmaker to investigate the nearby cult.

[cnn.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember when that happened. It's literally where the phrase "drank the kool aid" came from.

Not surprising. I see similarities too.

Cults are all similar

Not all cult leaders are as charismatic and lacking in any morals at all. At least I think not, but then again, …

Yes, and trumpsters are cultist

Cut from the same cloth

Jim Jones was a Religious Cult leader, Trump is a Political Cult leader. 2 sides of the same coin......

key word being "cult"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:613336
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.