Agnostic.com

14 17

From time to time I hear people on talk shows call in to say that evolution is fake or simply plain out false. They also believe that if evolution was proven wrong that this would instantly mean creation was right. Believers speak of "evil lution" because we all know their god cannot be wrong.

Let's look at 2 simple things in human history that it is hard to explain away and they do not support creationism.

1. Wisdom teeth that hint strongly at mankind once having a bigger mouth than most of us today. Wisdom teeth have to be pulled or they create problems. I had to have oral surgery because of one of mine. Almighty god must have made our ancestors differently.

2. The appendix is interesting. Everyone guesses its function a long time ago but today it often has to be removed. If infected and not removed you are likely to die. Houdini died when his busted because of a punch to the stomach.

I think I have found proof for evolution here but believers most likely think their god is just practicing his version of people control because he works in hysterical ways. Any ideas?

DenoPenno 9 Aug 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It will accelerate with covid variant, Darwin rules . Our advanced science and medicine is medicine is slowing the advance

What makes science valid or invalid to a person of "religious persuasion" is not about facts. It is about emotions. Religion uses your primal emotions to convince and ultimately control you. Every word and passage in the Bible, the Torah, the Koran is carefully engineered to comfort but at the same time threaten. Religion wraps you in that blanket of serenity they like to call, "God's Love" but holds a knife to the base of your skull to let you know that your life is worthless if you don't accept your subservience to the concept. Science has been the nemesis of Religion since the dawn of man...since the first spark of sentience. What is ironic is our ability to question is our strongest asset ... but our creativity which gives us "shelter from the storm" is a double edged sword. Religion was an attempt to answer questions that were too complex at the time...and in some cases unanswerable. When threats were introduced into the conversation as a way to control the outcome...to control the masses...religion became subverted for all time. It's one thing for a person to want to believe in an afterlife(multiverse theory might support this)...quantum theory says that the possibility of an infinite number of outcomes to any given intersection of occurrences is a possibility...but that suggests that freewill is irrelevant. People who buy into the Religion Philosophy do it because it is a "simple" solution to this mystery we call "life". Science affords us the creature comforts and the amplification of things that can benefit our desires and agendas. Beware the agenda that disregards the Science that allowed the formulation of the "agenda". A Preacher holding a microphone on a stage in cavernous venue that seats 80,000 people in Air Conditioned comfort...under the glare of stage lighting in front of TV cameras that are broadcasting via the satellite dishes beamed to space and relayed world wide in color...he holds a petrified dinosaur egg in one hand and the microphone in the other and glares with contempt at the cameras and says..."TELL ME MY CHILDREN THAT THIS COULDN'T FIT ON THE ARK?...THE SCIENCE IS WRONG...THE EARTH IS NOT BILLIONS OF YEARS OLD" if the Science is wrong...the same science that gives him the ability to broadcast his BS around the planet???...it's the Science of Physics, Math, Geology, Archeology...but the masses want simplicity because it is easier to comprehend...and they can't see "the forrest through the trees"..jmho...namaste

The most simple proof of evolution is any virus. Virus mutate. That is why a new flu shot is required each year.

There really is no debate as to whether evolution is factual or not. Deniers should just be treated as cranks along with flat earthers.

From time to time, mostly 100% of it, I don't give a flying fuck about what believers in bullshit think, do or say.

There is an overwhelming amount of empirical evidence spanning more than a century that supports evolution. Denying it at this point is just a choice to be ignorant. Believing in myths and the supernatural requires no thought whatsoever. It's easy. Gaining even a basic understanding of evolution requires a modest amount of thinking. That's hard for some people.

Yes, why bother to think for yourself when your local cleric can tell you what to believe.

@TheMiddleWay And it is impossible to achieve complete objectivity.

Fairly sure even the pope acknowledged evolution as true…

Mvtt Level 7 Aug 7, 2021

While not scientific this it a list of the evolution we can see in our bodies.
[listverse.com]

If someone would take off my little toe, I'd have a normal size foot width.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Have them read "Your Inner Fish." It's brilliant.

Or watch the video series...Your Inner Fish, Your Inner Reptile, Your Inner Monkey...simply wonderful!

I only had three wisdom teeth, apparently there are people who never get them at all.
While my top two were okay the bottom one was coming out at a weird angle and hit the back of my jaw and got stuck.

Mine were going sideways and had almost made it to the middle of my lower jaw.

Un-Intelligent Design can be a fun exercise. My favorite is the laryngeal nerve which goes from the brain to the larynx. It should be a fairly short trip except that the nerve evolved first in our fish ancestors and the path of the nerve was the shortest path. Over time, however, and the changes in anatomy from fish to amphibian and onward, the nerve traversed around the aorta. This means the nerve in today's vertebrates must travel from the brain down the neck, into the chest to loop around the aorta, and then back up the neck to the larynx. It's odd enough in humans and other short necked animals, but become ridiculous when this nerve takes this same path in an animal like a giraffe. God wasn't any to bright with this design.

@TheMiddleWay - Something (other than my own bias) tells me that could be handled just as effectively with separate nerves. Just as those butterflies in your stomach when you see that pretty girl aren't served by nerves to either the larynx or the aorta. 😉

I have no time for mental defectives who claim that any disproof of evolution is a proof that their god exists.

Actually, and it is still an adaptation - wisdom teeth are most likely designed for older age loss of teeth.

When the dentists said they wanted to pull out my top two I asked if they could pull out the one in front as it was older and had more wear and leave the newer ones. Apparently if they did that I would then need braces as the two wisdom teeth would have a gap in front of them as each is set in its own socket and with a gap the gum would start to recede and I could then lose the two wisdom teeth. I went to three dentists as I was hoping there would be a different answer but they all independently gave me the same answer to my problem (it was the bottom tooth that was impacted but they all said the top ones needed to go as well)

I recently read that about 30% of humans don't have wisdom teeth. Evolution in action changing our species to adapt to a smaller jaw. If we didn't have medical treatments for problem wisdom teeth, more people wouldn't survive the complication leaving those with none to pass on their genes for no wisdom teeth.

@Budgie I have had full dentures since 1987. One wisdom tooth was impacted and never came in and they made the dentures anyway. Later I had oral surgery and just last week I got my third set of dentures that I call "super teeth." They are made heavier and have a 10 year warranty. They look similar to those you might have found in a cupboard somewhere because your grandfather could not wear them. Food does not get under my dental plates and I love my "super teeth."

It's funny how creationist have failed to prove creation by their god has happened.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:614429
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.