Agnostic.com

17 3

For Online Dating sites... Do you list yourself as Agnostic/Other or pretend to be Christian?

DragonFZ 5 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I list myself as Atheist (if available) or non-religious. Honestly, I wish everyone would just be more honest about this. Some dating sites allow you to get pretty detailed in almost every aspect of your life (such as OKCupid) and others (such as POF) don't really give you an easy way to convey so much detail without writing out a novel for your bio.

I lie and list myself as Christian, you know, just like congress, politicians and president.

I will never pretend to be religious. I am not a closeted Atheist.

Listed my identifier as an atheist. Got no replies.

Usually spiritual. I put a note in my profile that if they are strongly religious, I am not. If someone contacts me that mentions god, god-fearing, etc. in their profile, I let them know upfront that I don't believe in god. When I search I use Atheist, Agnostic, spiritual and other.

No. I’m who I am. Take me as such.

Atheist, I gave up on ever finding a boyfriend or girlfriend. It's almost been 2 years being single.

I would not lie because that's the one thing you don't want in a relationship even if it's a one of I think. I don't need someone but I would like someone. if you don't like me the way I am then move on. I don't like shallow people and I don't want to be lied too. you can forget the truth but a lie has to last forever.

I tried them once. I listed myself as Atheist. Thought that would help. It just draws out the Christians. Guess they wanted to do a little evangelism dating. :/

I'm not actively seeking, but I never hide my views. I'd have nothing to gain from deceit.

In the days when I used dating sites, I always held to honesty: correct age, correct height & weight, current photos, and either "atheist," "agnostic," or "non-religious" (back then, I was far less anti-theist). I felt that the whole purpose was to find a good match, so I let the stats do the weeding for me. One of the traits I valued most (and still do) was honesty, and I've never been one for playing games.

Godot Level 7 Dec 2, 2017

I'm on a couple dating sites and aside from the obvious fakes, I have seen so many times where women are clearly posting old pictures of themselves. Heck, my now ex-wife and I met online (I was 28 and she was 30) and her picture was at least 8 or 10 years old.

When I did those sites I would always list Other. At that time I still considered myself non-religious. If I ever decide to do those again I would list my myself as atheist. Better to just go ahead and weed out anyone that would have a problem with that.

I don't pretend. I wonder if that's part of why so many of my messages go unanswered. I will only message those who say they are ChrIstian if they also say they don't have a preference what my faith is.

i have never been to another dating site.

I list myself as an atheist as I prefer to date non-believers and I definitely don’t want to deal with anyone who won’t accept my (lack of) beliefs.

I'm Jewish and post accordingly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6182
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.