Agnostic.com

6 2

Ok you Okies. How do you prepare corn on the cob?

• 11 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
PondartIncbendog 8 Aug 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Arms? What is that on corn?

If you look above the feet, you'll find the arms.

My mom is hooked on the microwave method others mentioned, I pressure cook for 2 min. Amazing.
Those are both really popular methods, can't understand why they're not options.

Now days, unschucked in the microwave for two minutes, schuck, butter, enjoy.

Variation-shuck, wrap in wet paper towel and microwave.

Same as my family who grew corn, schuck, snap stem boil then butter and salt, we got them fresh from stalk

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 28, 2021

Baked or bbq in the husk, keep the flavor in the corn, don't throw it out with the bath water.

Usually just boil it and the slather it with butter and salt. If out of butter and salt, than mayonnaise works too and actually stays on the corn better. Always have floss handy for after, but yummm... I love my corn on the cob!

Have seen people bake it in the husk and then it slides out easily, but I'm a creature of habit to cook things the way my mom did, for the most part.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:618794
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.