Agnostic.com

13 13

Who else grew up with this picture in their bedroom? Mine was over my bed. Scared the fucking hell out of me. Why are these kids crossing this janky bridge at night? Where are their parents? They don't need a guardian angel. They need Child Protective Services and some new clothes.

Sorcha 7 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If we say "Oh God" or even "God bless you" when someone sneezes...then we who are agnostic have to admit that we, too, were raised with at least one #religulous parent. Religion won't just go away...like racism it will fade out of existence very slowly.

Yes ,given to us in grade school/ age 10 or 11years old.

Even though it was a Catholic household there was no religious iconography.

I've seen this one in many houses in my neck of woods, including in my grand-parents house.
"I will bless the homes where the image of my heart will be exposed and honored."

Great words from a fellow who most probably never existed!

She looks bizarre, a dragon like creature.

There are many religious pictures around the world. I don't know why this one scare you though. It must not be the picture but what was said about it to you.

It was in my Sunday school classroom.

Hell NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily no.

Religion is nothing more than a overt scare tactic to keep you under it’s complete enslaved dominion!!!

Never saw this particular image before, but my room in my grandparents' house had the jesus with the eyes that followed you around.
Talk about some creepy-ass bullshit.

Pictures like that seem to make me think that there has to be guardian angels or a lot more kids would die from horrible accidents. Not true of course, but I think this is why religious adults liked it.

Nope, Raquel Welch in cave girl costume ( grew up in dundalk)

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 28, 2021

Prefer your style 😉

Dundalk, no more needs to be said.

Wow funny, I had the same picture!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:618901
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.