Agnostic.com

11 13

Update on yesterday's brush fire. Amazing how fast fire swept uphill.

Update on Rooster Comb Fire named for a nearby cliff in the last photo.

Kay McKellar of Chelan County Fire District 1 said the fire grew little overnight and after an intense air and ground attack and was ten percent contained by 8:30 this morning. It's spreading south away from me. Extremely windy today.

A Type-3 incident management team arrived in Wenatchee overnight and is taking over command of the fire, she said. Fire growth Sunday night was minimal. Crews are continuing work on securing the fire line and will use air support as needed.

Yesterday Washington State sent pilots to Wenatchee flying:

1. Five scoop planes to drop water. The pilots beautifully coordinated their flight plans. They flew in a line to the Columbia River to scoop up water. Zoomed back to the fire. They skillfully wove in and out, dropping water on the blaze. It was like watching ballet.

2. One fixed-wing plane spread red fire retardant.

3. Two helicopters scooped and dropped water.

I got a Public Safety Alert text: "There is an active brush fire at Pitcher Canyon. Stay out of the area and be prepared to evacuate. "

Rushing, I didn't print my evacuation list. Forgot to pack cameras and jewelry. An evacuation list is helpful when you're rattled.

The pilots are doing a wonderful job! Yesterday they fought the fire relentlessly until dark. Over three hundred houses were threatened.

The fire was sparked by a careless man who was welding metal. I hope he gets charged and forced to pay the firefighting costs.

[ncwlife.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Glad you are safe. I agree with you on hoping the responsible person should be held liable, but most often they have very little that will satisfy the huge cost associated with fighting a wildfire.

Unbelievably scary to have it at all close to the house, even if only for a short while! I am glad it’s headed the other direction.

Zster Level 8 Aug 30, 2021

The Convair might be from Penticton BC.

Good to hear you are safe. Hope they put the fire out soon.

Get that list printed! I'm relieved you made it through this. Stay safe.

@zeuser

Last night, I printed my evacuation list before bedtime.

@LiterateHiker Good!

I hope you and yours are all safe.

@DenoPenno

I'm safe. Did not have to evacuate.

The fire is spreading south away from my home.

There is a riddle, "what goes faster uphill than down?" Fire. Makes sense since heat rises and preheats the ground.
Are you safe?

Holey Bushfires Batman, here's hoping you don't cop it as bad as we did down here not so long ago.
Stay safe, stay alert and be ready to drop everything and head for safety IF it comes down to it.

Thanks for the updated news.

Stay safe - you matter to people.

Just always remember that things can be replaced, you can't be. I am glad you are safe.

Glad you are safe and didn't have to evacuate, please be careful

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 30, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:619386
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.