Agnostic.com

3 5

A nice overview of The Shroud of Turin. Or more accurately some of the modern history about why the argument that it's a medieval fake is compelling: [skeptoid.com]

Druvius 8 Sep 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Another damning thing that almost never gets mentioned is that when first described in the historical record it was brightly colored with the image easily visible. Within 100 years it had faded to what it looks like today. It would require a whole other miracle to explain how pigments held their color for over a thousand years and then faded away in a century.

I cannot recommend highly enough Turin Shroud: How Leonardo Da Vinci Fooled History
by my facebook friend Lynn Picknett and her co author Clive Prince.
Though I do not agree with the entire premise their experiments in to how the shroud was faked using a camera obscura and light sensitive chemicals and the history surrounding why, is fascinating.

The shroud was called a fake back in the 14th century. It may date back to the first century and it may not but it's obviously not the shroud of Christ. It's just piece of the fraud puzzle that is Christianity and religion in general. It has no more validity than that piece of toast that stupid Christians think is a miracle.

Actually, should famine appear, that toast would be Far more useful.......

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:619706
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.