Agnostic.com

13 8

LINK Bill Maher: NFL’s move to play ‘black national anthem’ is ‘segregation’ | New York Post - YouTube

Personally, I think the U.S. national anthem should be changed to something that doesn't glorify wr. However there should only be one anthem, and it should include everyone.

snytiger6 9 Sep 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just reading the responses here tells me how uneducated you people are, how much you hate this country, and can not even write a grammatically correct sentence.. I feel sorry for us as a country. You anti-american ass-hats should go move to one of your favorite communist countries and live there for a while... Or better yet,, for ever.. We don't want you here anyway..

@Captain_Feelgood:
I live in this county. I can be as critical of it as I damn well please. And nobody is going to make me leave.

I agree. Your one of the few sensible ones in this website.

Not only is the anthem warmongering, it Racist as fuck, it glorifies keeping Black Peoples enslaved, in the 3rd stanza, "No refuge for the hireling or Slave"..this speaks to slaves that fought with the British during the War of 1812, that were offered Freedom in exchange for helping them.

Most people never hear more than the first stanza. Glad you pointed that out.

look! here's another one of those "fuck bunniy" guys. when their thought process gets paralyzed they just start to say fuck every second word. then apparently no one notices how stupid they are. you'll usually find a fluffle of these fuck bunnies on agnostiic running close with one or two BLM simpletons. nova is going to do a special on them.

@holdenc98 oh look, another full out Racist Trumpster, that has his head so far up his own White Ass that it's become his echo chamber that repeats his spew endlessly..

@Charlene ......... sorry je ne sais. voted for bernie in 2016 and 20

@Charlene please. try to work on cleaning up your mouth. and mind.

@holdenc98 piss off..

Fuck this mutherfuckah..he's a waste of oxygen at this point, a dinosaur that needs to fade the fuck away..

here 's one caught up with himself, having an uncontrolled "fuck spasm"

Herself..it's herself..never finished middle school english I guess..

@Charlene .................... pussy - a - doodle - doo goes the je ne sais twat

I'm for integration. And I'm partial to "This Land Is Your Land."

If our nation is a melting pot of people from all over we are going backwards wanting more than one national anthem. Wake up here, people.

I'm sickened to the core of ALL this racism garbage, we ARE Human Beings, ALL of the same species, all of the same/similar genetic make-up, all have RED blood, pink flesh UNDER what ever colour tone our skins are, we ALL die, rot and decay away to the elements that we were made up from, time to WAKE up people we have been fighting over NOTHINg at all.

They're a private organization that can play whatever damn song they want at their events. Frankly I'm sick of how sporting events are "obligated" to play a song that glorifies war, especially since it's in the service of promoting recruitment into the military and other pentagon and war profiteer propaganda.

Eh he's so full of shit anymore I stopped paying attention to anything he says

I see, He's full of shit because you don't agree with his points. And your points are better , somehow?

I agree. When Bill Maher is saying that the left has lost the plot, then you got trouble. I think that “The Star-Spangled Banner” is the right anthem. All people like the NFL are doing pandering to the lowest common denominator.

@SeaGreenEyez and? Your point is? The so-called “Negro National anthem” is nothing but a gospel song. Slavery existed in the United States very briefly before it was abolished. Those other stanzas are not even sung at sporting events. Refugees as in what? The ancestors of the forefathers were refugees fleeing religious persecution. I think that church and state should remain separate but to deny the impact that Christianity has had on Western Civilization is to be foolhardy. FYI, states like Pennsylvania were founded on the basis of the abolition of slavery.

@SeaGreenEyez another tidbit here, read the English translation of “La Marseillaise.” Very violent

@SeaGreenEyez as stated before, those stanzas are not even sung anyways. Simply put. “God nonsense?” In that same token, Alicia Keys should not have sung “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” a GOSPEL song as the national anthem.

@SeaGreenEyez keep in mind, Francis Scott Key wrote this while looking at Fort McHenry from a ship, seeing the American Flag flying over it. Whether you want to harp on the other stanzas in the same vein as race hustlers like Colin Kaepernick is your problem.

The national anthem is a bad song and should be done away with. America The Beautiful should be our anthem.

Agree, and, probably the best version of it I've heard sung, ironically, is by Ray Charles. So maybe that version would satisfy most people, black and white.. I also agree that the current national anthem is not only a bad song musically, it glorifies war too much as well. The only problem I have with America The Beautiful, is the God language in it, but that's a small quibble.

@TomMcGiverin Agree. Ray could sing absolutely anything.

@TomMcGiverin glorifies war and is overly racist in the following stanzas- the third one specifically. Here's the last 4 lines:

"No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave."

@JonnaBononna Interesting, that's one verse that I never hear sung before sports events. Now I can see why...

"America the Beautiful" could be seen as quite the oxymoron given both its recent history and its past history combined don't you think?

@Triphid l don't like anthems or flags, but countries seem to love that shit.

@Sticks48 The countries, i.e. the lands upon which HUMANS built their nation don't give a rats arse about anything in particular.
In ALL TTRUTH and Reality, there ARE NO nations, there are NO separate Races, there are NO National Borders, they ALL exist ONLY in the minds of those who seek to, or hold power over everyone else.

@JonnaBononna "home of the brave" ? Were the young men of the native tribes not called braves ?. Hardly the home of the brave when the intention of the European settlers was to exterminate them.

@Moravian absolutely

Lost interest in his show.

I like the man. Have watched him for years. I don’t always agree with him on everything, but more times than not I do. He makes a valid point in this video

I gave up giving Maher my time a while ago. I don't know if he makes a good point in this or not and don't care.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:624575
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.