Agnostic.com

17 21

LINK ‘In God We Trust’ on city vehicles: Chesapeake unanimously approves proposal Tuesday

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Every city vehicle in Chesapeake will soon feature the phrase “In God We Trust.”

The proposal went before City Council on Tuesday and was approved unanimously, despite opposition from several speakers at the meeting.

It’s expected to cost an estimated $87,000

snytiger6 9 Oct 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's on everything around here

Unfortunate. Additionally, I'm sure all the people of Chesapeake do not believe, so the "we" is a lie.

SEPARATION of church and state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those councilors have separated themselves from their own brains, never to be reunited.

"Protect and Serve" on cop cars is also a lie.

Wasn't something else on cop cars in "Robocop?"

Which brings to mind that the first time I saw "Robocop" it was on videotape with people that didn't realize it was satire.

The lawsuit against the 1st Amrndment would cost a lot more, too bad the city council uses taxpayers mo ey to defend their unconstitutional decisions. I guess they are riding the coat tails of in god we trust on US currency

Things like this irk me to no end. I sometimes make jokes about the cops getting together to go in and get a shooter and they pray first. We all know that only happens on Dog the Bounty Hunter.

"prey"

That's a bad use of tax money and it could be used tords education.

So all we need is someone from FFRF to send in a complaint and perhaps this will end up in court.

Every one of those councillors deserves a good slapping across the face for being such culpable imbeciles.

The City Council has mis-spelled "Satan".

Seems like a lawsuit in the making

Wonder how much more this bullshit is going to cost the City, after the FFRF takes them to court, AND WINS.

How stupid is that. Better of spending money on something that will help people. Like free lunches for school kids, etc, etc.

Waste of time and money. Of all the problems they can only worry about that. Stupid.

FFRF will most likely sent them a letter to not do it.

It's easy to see how afraid America has become ....$87,000 worth of fear

twill Level 7 Oct 2, 2021

Whackos R us....👀

Theocracy, some fucked up shit to waste tax payers money on. And also goes against the constitution.

@TwistedMister I think the first currency that had that slogan was a 2 cent coin in the mid-1860 and then in the 1950s was when they put it on the paper currency because of McCarthyism.

@TwistedMister What kind of shit can turn that around in time to matter? I'd argue it has to be a sea change of national philosophy and unified voice but that doesn't seem likely. Some ideas are out there but America doesn't seem interested so down we'll go.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:625879
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.