Agnostic.com

12 6

Steve Jobs, genius or asshole ?

Remembering Steve Jobs, 10 Years Later

A decade after the death of the visionary Apple cofounder, we're still living in his world.

[wired.com]

FearlessFly 9 Oct 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not see Genius and Asshole as being mutually exclusive conditions. In fact, I would say that being a genius by definition puts you into a 2% segment of the global population and that means you are much more likely to be nonconformist to the point that you would be considered an asshole by a large part of the population that just doesn't and cannot understand you.
That said, I would say that Steve Jobs was a Genius and an Asshole because he lacked empathy for others and that lack of empathy may have allowed him to propel his creations from a garage based small business to the megacorp we see today.

Many people viewed as geniuses were also assholes as well. Like, for example, Thomas Edison was an asshole.

He was both and in equal parts, as with most driven people!

BillF Level 7 Oct 6, 2021

I believe he was the start of manufacturing (IPhone) and its jobs overseas for cheaper labor yet selling his products to Americans like they were made in America. Am I wrong?

He was both, but which was more important is the question.

I recall something where his physical condition that killed him might have been different except that he did not want to be cut on. Neither do I, but I think I would do what was needed to survive.

"I think that he kind of felt that if you ignore something,” Isaacson told CBS , “if you don't want something to exist, you can have magical thinking. And it had worked for him in the past.”

[forbes.com]

Absolutely!

I also say both.

Both.

Can both things be true?

Steve Jobs had his troubles, I got mine.

He verbally abused and overworked his employees, stiffed his wife on child support, and always parked his car in handicapped parking spots so he didn't have to walk an extra 100 feet to his office.

He was a marketing genius, Woz deserves more credit

He did many terrible things.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:626463
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.