Agnostic.com

5 7

Anti-vaccine chiropractors rising force of misinformation

At a time when the surgeon general says misinformation has become an urgent threat to public health, an investigation by The Associated Press found a vocal and influential group of chiropractors has been capitalizing on the pandemic by sowing fear and mistrust of vaccines.

They have touted their supplements as alternatives to vaccines, written doctor’s notes to allow patients to get out of mask and immunization mandates, donated large sums of money to anti-vaccine organizations and sold anti-vaccine ads on Facebook and Instagram, the AP discovered. One chiropractor gave thousands of dollars to a Super PAC that hosted an anti-vaccine, pro-Donald Trump rally near the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

[apnews.com]

And chiropractors wonder why they’re viewed as quacks. I say a big “eff you” to these morons.

Apunzelle 7 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It just seems to get worse and worse. I wonder what the incidence of misinformation is coming from naturopaths? Everyone seems to be looking for an angle but with nothing to back it up except likewise foolish followers.

Chiropractors are for the most part, quacks. They like to hook up with ambulance chaser lawyers. I sat on a jury where the plaintiff's chiropractor was a witness. I held out in favor of the defendant solely based on that fact. That hung jury had also kept me off every panel I've been called for since.

We have some of these moral idiot chiropractors in our region who are trying to profit from this. It is causing school districts some real problems.

What could a chiropractor actually know about treating a virus…their field of expertise is confined to treating neuromuscular disorders of the skeleton…i.e. bones, muscles & joints. They just see another opportunity to make money out of the insecurities and incredulity of a sizeable group of people who prefer to pay money on quack treatments rather than take a free vaccine. Perhaps that’s the problem with some people…they don’t trust anything unless it comes with a high price attached.

Nothing sells like fear.

skado Level 9 Oct 8, 2021

Oldest ploy of charlatans and quacks …and politicians too of course.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:627054
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.