Agnostic.com

7 8

if Potential Spam calls back I'm gonna ask 'em out.

hankster 9 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Might not be a bad idea. My calls have morphed from concern about my car warranty to concern about my health. Surely their personal interest is growing.

Actually I was told to not answer those potential spams and eventually they'll take you off their list. I have been doing my best to ignore them and it does seem like they have slowed down a little.

Ignoring those calls is definitely a good strategy. Most of the time, they are just automated systems trying to scam or bother you. However, if you do happen to pick up a call and suspect it's spam, it's best to hang up without providing any personal information. You know, sometimes I even use whocalled.co.uk to check who phoned me. Just curious.

I also find that sympathy works well. Express the deepest concern for their health and wellbeing, and then point out the existential horrors of mortality, and the dismal consequences of spending your life in a dead end job, especially when viewed for the perspective of a deathbed. ( A few comments about eternity and the nature of Kali, the dark goddess, and the inescapable vastness of her dark all enveloping cloak, usually help. )

Lol

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 21, 2021

Up till about 10 years ago, I had two websites I could pull up when I got a spam call. One would give me a phone number's coordinates and the other would translate said coordinates into an address. I then could ask to meet with the person after work some time at ..... said address. Usually met with extreme silence.

What? I'm being two-timed by Potential Spam? That's it, I'm never answering their call again!

One of those days, huh?

not bad. just bored i guess.lazy.

@hankster uh-huh...I know the feeling! 🙂

Pretty photo, though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:629439
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.