Agnostic.com

8 12

LINK A Pastor’s Attempt to Shut Down a High School Play Has Completely Backfired | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

The preacher got the school to cancel a School play's performance of "She Kills Monsters", but once of the cast members relatives raised funds for the play to be performed off campus and the funds raised can provide a larger venue.

snytiger6 9 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All so funny, funny. Years ago I was in church when they tried to get the movie "The Temptation of Christ" banned. I think it made the movie more popular.

Yeah, both, "The Last Temptation of Christ" and "Jesus Christ Superstar" got more attention because some churches tried to ban them.

The moment you try to ban something then the media spreads your story and then people want to know about the thing being banned and it becomes a huge success.
I love that they have not learned this yet.

And they never will learn either, too arrogant, too self-righteous and way too dumb as well.

Aw what a crying shame ,NOT, that the poor, misguided, deluded, self-righteous, bigoted, shit-dribbling, arse-wipe pastor didn't get his own way.
Do I laugh, do I laugh until I cry, or do I laugh and laugh and laugh until I piss my pants time and time again?
Anyone know the Pastors home address I have a bin full of used tissues I'd like send him to wipe to tears from his eyes, it's okay, the tissues only have my snot on them and a few might have some stuff as well, like the pus from a sore as sore I was treating on my nephew's knee yesterday.
But a couple of Hail Mary's and a How's Ya Father as well will make them virginal clean once again won't they?

This Pastor's attitude sound like the 1950's version of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Therefore it doesn't exist .... but it does. Plenty of teen suicides result from kids having little to no where to turn when their sexuality doesn't match the supposed norm and they fear rejection and ridicule. Dispicably, some radical Pastors (can't say about this one) have expressed opinions that suicide is better than accepting an LGBTQ identity. Now, that is perverted!

Said pastor is a dangerous controlling prick.

AND that IS his ONLY good trait imo.

It's SUCH a shame when your bigotry leads to whatever you're bigotted about being even bigger than if you kept your mouth shut, isn't it?

I'd sure love for people to start making trouble for these mouthy pastors.

I think that would be a lot of fun, and might accomplish some really positive outcomes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:629979
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.