Agnostic.com

9 15

LINK Expert: We know less than you think about the lives of Buddha, Abraham, Jesus, Muhammed and most other religious 'founders'

Sometimes I just must state the obvious. It took an EXPERT to come up with this.

So congratulations to everyone here that decades ago figured this out all on their own.

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

SeaGreenEyez 9 Nov 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fictionalization always happens, one way or another. With religion, it seems to happen more.

I believe Siddatha was a real person. The others seem to be a conglomeration of high ideals and hope givers to a population that like today had the few with all the perks and the majority used to serve them - the poor, hungry and sick. Largely uneducated and ripe for the picking.
I wonder if those characters were their version of our modern day super heroes.
Fantasy can be a wonderful thing but damn it sure can be used against the gullible.

No kidding, full of delusional crap and exaggerated claims

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 27, 2021

I read in Joseph Atwill's Caesars Messiah that the Romans created the Jesus myth to replace Judaism after they wiped out the last vestiges of Jewish resistance at Masada in 73 A.D. and dispersed them.
I don't believe there was a historical Jesus, but the fictitious character could've been based on real-life people who claimed to be the Jewish Messiah at that time.

I agree

@SeaGreenEyez There are articles about online that make the case just as well as the book
She says above the "scholars" keep taking things out of the Historical bucket and putting them in the Myth bucket. There's actually nothing in the Historical bucket at all. They insist, for instance, the crucifixion MUST have taken place because if it hadn't, they wouldn't have made it up because it runs so counter to what the Old Testament foretold!
Of course, if there WERE no "early Christians" there'd be no one there to lie about something that never happened, would there?

Valerie Tarico is one of my favorites -- [valerietarico.com].
It's a bit disappointing that RawStory would pick one her more simplistic pieces to show.
Ha, ha, I guess.🙂

I pray to Bastet. I can see him. I can talk to him. I have to feed him everyday or he gets angry.
What's this god thing again?

@Gwendolyn2018 All these years I've been praying to a female cat?

@PondartIncbendog Gwendolyn's right......Bastet/Bast was definitely a female. Ancient Egyptians had a Bast CULT....a fact which all cats know and find appropriate, thankyouverymuch!

Such a cute kitty... I would rather pray to a cute kitty than a god.....

There are more Bo Ha Ki mummies in Egypt than people mummies uncovered so far the Pharoah word for cat is translated DIVINE RULER of the HOUSE I pray to my cats 🐈 🐈⬛ Kiti&Laila ages 8&11 for 7 yrs 11 mo 23 days now 34 states&Ontario 131 thousand miles

It really isn't about whether they existed or not, it's about what difference does it make?
All those people had enemies that knew them for the POS they really were, if they were.
It's like non ironically bringing up the original intent of some founding father, fuck the founding fathers they had no idea of the issues in twenty first century America.

@SeaGreenEyez Willow is redefining your issue....I agree with you....most so called theologians just make shit up out of tiny parchment fragments.....Hebrew has zero vowels so translations are pure traditional guesses like raod signs for drivers to read in conquered Palestine

The parchment BILL of RIGHTS Constituion et al are perfectly preserved and the intent is TIMELESS we have rights to LOCAL DEMOCRACY IN CONGRESS and Madison knew full well the number of persons you could possibly represent in 2 years time was 50 thousand.... a corrupt CONGRESS in 1914 illegally removed this limit setting the new total of 435 seats in the House.... since 1865 blacks were no longer counted as "3/5ths persons" Kentucky was last to ratify 1793 in hopes of extra seats in Congress while zero blacks could vote against white owners..... the only relevant calendar question is the 17 year residency law for President & Vice President Constitutionally .....it is irrelevant to validate or invalidate legal assertions by centuries since 1789, 1791 or E.R.A. ratification by 7 year illegal time limits....Ruth Bader Ginzburg went to her grave illegally condemning ERA AND illegaly validating Vatican conquest since 1450 Admiralty "law" SNEER QUOTE mine

27 more states need to restore LOCAL DEMOCRACY IN CONGRESS 50 thousand persons per Congressional District send 6000+ honest locals to outvote the 435 criminals already there now...the real FIRST AMENDMENT of our TWELVE BILL of RIGHTs has no time limit as the 2nd Amendment was ratified 1992 only one pay raise AFTER BEING REelected....corrupt federal judges ruled COST OF LIVING adjustments ARE NOT CHANGES IN "remuneration" ....one of thousands of gangsters thefts from the US TREASURY TOTALLING 28 trillion since 1982

Please post your excellent idea in government groups ....theocracy is the only relevant tangent to @SeaGreenEyeZ opine post of false motives and 100% non existence of geebush geehobah ghostholes & other fictions of faiths

Yup..cause none of them were real..

Well, actually the Buddha was a REAL person there is documented evidence of his actual existence whereas with the likes of Abraham, Jeebus, Mohammed, Moses and the like there IS NO Documented Evidence of them OTHER than a very questionable book.

@Triphid I believe you're referring to Siddatha

the Buddha, aka Siddatha, was a REAL human being, the others were 100% fictional.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:636058
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.